Nickname For Clementine

Recently i have decided that I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Clementine[/name], but… I cant think of a nickname. I was thinking [name]Nina[/name] could work if [name]Peggy[/name] is a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]. [name]Nina[/name] is so cute but i dont think it could totally work . What do you think? What are other nn possibilities for this beautiful name?

Thanx,
[name]Sophie[/name]!!!

[name]Tina[/name]
[name]Emmie[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
Menty

[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Tiny[/name]
[name]Tina[/name]
[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Emme[/name]
[name]Emmy[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]

[name]Tina[/name] was my knee-jerk reaction…

this is the reason i walked away from [name]Clementine[/name]. I was thinking I’d use [name]Emme[/name], but I have a great-aunt [name]Clementine[/name] and she’s called [name]Clem[/name], and anyone I told that I was considering the name said “[name]Clem[/name]” and I just felt like no matter what my intentions were…she’d end up a [name]Clem[/name]!

Maybe the following could work:

[name]LeLe[/name] *([name]Lee[/name] [name]Lee[/name]) or LeLi
[name]Mena[/name]
Menti *[name]Minty[/name]
[name]Mini[/name]
[name]Tiny[/name]
C and her middle initial… CC, CJ… for example (obviously dependant on MN choice.)

[name]Nina[/name] is lovely, and as you’re the parents, you can really choose any nn, however abstract, and people will just get used to calling her it (usually).

Others are [name]Clem[/name], [name]Clemmie[/name], [name]Emmie[/name], [name]Emma[/name], Ems, [name]Tina[/name] (I think the latter is dated, personally, though).

Good luck!

This is one of my biggest hangups with [name]Clementine[/name], which I otherwise adore. I think that no matter what, she’ll get [name]Clem[/name] at some point in her life. So if you don’t like it, it may not be the name for you. I usually don’t think that short forms are inevitable, this one just seems to be.

[name]Emme[/name] is my personal choice, but I do wonder how well it would actually catch on in daily life, and again, I expect even with offering up [name]Emme[/name] as an option, there will be those that resort to [name]Clem[/name].

Sorry this is just me but how do you pronounce [name]Emme[/name] is it like [name]Em[/name] or [name]Emmie[/name] or Emmay

I’ve always heard “[name]Emme[/name]” as em-me, two syllables.

I like [name]Nina[/name] too! Otherwise I’d go for [name]Cleo[/name] which I find super cute!
[name]Mimi[/name] is a bit far off but might work.

Oh, [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Mimi[/name] are lovely! I didn’t even think of those (clever Peach) :smiley:

I’ve always heard “[name]Emme[/name]” as em-me, two syllables.[/quote]

Thanks i have always been wondering a lot of people use it. Its cute I like it. It is defanatly a possibility. If i do name my child this [name]Clem[/name] or [name]Clemmy[/name] will probably come up sometime in her life.

I love the name/nickname of [name]Cleo[/name], and I think it totally works as a nickname (that isn’t too old or too young, works at all ages) for [name]Clementine[/name] :slight_smile:

I really love the name [name]Clementine[/name], and I’ve always loved the nickname [name]Kit[/name]. [name]Clementine[/name] “[name]Kit[/name]” just exudes classiness, to me.