Nickname for Cordelia

Cordelia is one of my most favourite names ever (it’s been on my list of girl names for as long as I can remember). For a while, I was considering just using [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] as a whole without a nickname, but I found that I am unfortunately a nickname person.

I am most likely about to contradict myself, but I’m not the kind of person who cares what others may think and yet, I need to know that I’m not completely off the rails with this particular choice of nickname because I think I may have found the ONE.

Bear with me.

Cordelia . . . with the nickname Dali.

Is it too out there? Or is it usable? If not do you have any suggestions of nickames that are unique or perhaps, somewhat strange?

I think Dali works as a nickname for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. Dali seems like a stretch to me. It works for [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] though.

1 Like

Cordelia with nn Dali is adorable! [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is a pretty nn too!

Dali absolutely works! It’s so sweet. I don’t think it matters that the sounds aren’t completely the same, lots of nicknames do that!!

other nicknames I’ve seen used for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (besides [name_f]Cora[/name_f]!):
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]
[name_f]Didi[/name_f]
[name_u]Cory[/name_u]/Corie
[name_f]Cordie[/name_f]
[name_m]Deli[/name_m]/Delia
[name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dia[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Collie[/name_f]
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
[name_m]Odie[/name_m]/Ode
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]/Ora
[name_u]Elia[/name_u]
[name_f]Clia[/name_f]
[name_u]Eli[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
Chord/Cord
[name_f]Dilly[/name_f]

1 Like

It works. Is it pronounced like dolly?

While I agree that it seems a bit unrelated, I don’t see why you couldn’t still use it. CeCe, [name_f]Delia[/name_f], and Deeli are also good.

Cordy is the nickname I’ve heard used for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I dont know that Dali works but I’ve heard of people accepting stranger nicknames that make even less sense. So whatever you want.

What about just [name_f]Delia[/name_f]?

I would hands down go with [name_f]Cordie[/name_f]. I saw it on a little girl in a documentary and I think it’s just the most adorable name.

Cora is my favorite but
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]
[name_f]Cori[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Didi[/name_f]
[name_f]Cia[/name_f]

Cordelia nn Dali is cute

I think Dali works but it might be a bit of a stretch because it’s [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] not Cordalia. It’s definitely useable, especially when you think of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Peggy[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f] nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], but it’s not the most obvious nickname for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I’m not sure if [name_u]Cory[/name_u] or [name_f]Della[/name_f] has been mentioned… [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourite is either [name_f]Cordie[/name_f] or [name_f]Dilly[/name_f].

I also like [name_f]Cordie[/name_f] best. That was the nickname for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] in [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] the Vampire Slayer

Cordelia is one of my all time favorite girl names. If I had a [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] I would nn her [name_f]Cordie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Dali works for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

It’s sweet and definitely works!
I have a friend names [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Cordy[/name_f].

What about [name_u]Coco[/name_u] or [name_f]Cece[/name_f]?

My favorite nicknames for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] are:

• Cora
  • Delia
  • Deedee
  • Cody