Nickname for Hart?

I’m being induced next week (six weeks early :crazy_face:) and still have no firm name picked. [name_m]Hart[/name_m] is my favorite, but we are big nickname people and I just don’t know what my family will add to it (I’m imagining Harty-Farty since he’s going to be my third boy haha).

Does anyone have any good nickname ideas I could start initiating if I go with [name_m]Hart[/name_m]? I LOVE [name_u]Harley[/name_u], but sort of feels like a stretch. [name_u]Or[/name_u], if you have a [name_m]Hart[/name_m] what did you end up calling him (especially while he was little).

Thank you guys so much!!!

[name_u]Harley[/name_u] was my first thought! That and [name_u]Harry[/name_u], which I also think is darling.

Maybe he’d be an [name_m]Arty[/name_m]? Har? [name_u]Arley[/name_u]? Harty? Perhaps “just” [name_m]Hart[/name_m]? Could his name be [name_u]Harley[/name_u] with [name_m]Hart[/name_m] as an affectionate nickname?

I wonder if mixing his first name with his middle could yield some fun nicknames, too. (For example, [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Logan[/name_u] could be [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], or [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] could be [name_u]Holly[/name_u], etc.)

Oh that makes me feel better! I didn’t know if [name_u]Harley[/name_u] was too much a stretch!

And I LOVE the middle name idea!!! Middle name will be [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] so [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] (If it was a girl, I was doing [name_u]Ellery[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and calling her [name_m]Elmo[/name_m]! haha)

2 Likes

[name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] could give you [name_u]Harlow[/name_u], if you like that at all? [name_m]Hartigan[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is so handsome!

If you absolutely need a nickname, for me [name_m]Hamm[/name_m] or Hem/Hemmie would feel most natural.

You could also consider a nickname that has no relation to the name, like [name_m]Hitch[/name_m], [name_u]Ace[/name_u] or just let one develop naturally. (My oldest is sometimes called [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] since her little sister couldnt say Winnie)

1 Like

[name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is such a movie star name! How beautiful!

I certainly still think [name_u]Harley[/name_u] works as a nickname and is sweet, but if you’ll humor me… here are some brainstormed ideas for a nickname using his first and middle:
[name_m]Han[/name_m] (as in Solo)
[name_m]Armie[/name_m]
Hemmie
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
Argan
Ammo
Harmo (Maybe “harm” isn’t ideal? But the sound of this nickname is still cute to me!)
[name_m]Ham[/name_m] (?)
Arggie
[name_u]Harry[/name_u]
Hogie (prn. same as “hoagie”)
[name_m]Argo[/name_m]
[name_m]Artem[/name_m] (from the “art” of [name_m]Hart[/name_m] and “m” of [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)
[name_u]Harley[/name_u] [name_u]Mo[/name_u]

1 Like

I think [name_u]Harley[/name_u] could work - or [name_u]Hartley[/name_u]?

Maybe:

Harty
[name_u]Artie[/name_u]
[name_m]Hank[/name_m] ? (based on [name_u]Henry[/name_u] / [name_u]Harry[/name_u] → Hank?)

Something playing on the Hart/Heart thing: True-Hart, Lion-Hart, Brave-Hart, Sweet-Hart

1 Like

I can see [name_m]Hogan[/name_m] from [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]! [name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f] name :heart_eyes:

[name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is so handsome! (And [name_u]Ellery[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] too :heart_eyes:)

We are big nicknamers too, so I feel you!

I like the suggestions of [name_m]Ham[/name_m] and [name_m]Hogan[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was just H? [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe [name_m]Hagan[/name_m] or Harty (minus the Farty lol) or HartMo or HarMor?

1 Like

Oh my gosh [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

[name_u]Harry[/name_u]
[name_m]Art[/name_m]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Artie[/name_u]
[name_u]Marty[/name_u]

I love the name Hart!! It’s so gorgeous and old worldly.
I’d be tempted to give him a longer name and use [name_m]Hart[/name_m] as the nickname as it seems to be the favourite and the nickname is generally what people go by well in my circles so I’d suggest:

[name_u]Hartley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hartford[/name_u] (then he could be [name_m]Hart[/name_m] or Ford!!)

If you were just doing [name_m]Hart[/name_m] then I’d probably shorten it to Art…

All the best!

[name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is so handsome and I would use just [name_m]Hart[/name_m]. I can see when he’s a little guy people saying something like Harty but it doesn’t need a nickname and takes away from the handsomeness of [name_m]Hart[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_u]Artie[/name_u]
Harty
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
Harts
H (Haitch)
R

1 Like

[name_u]Harley[/name_u] [name_u]Mo[/name_u] is so cute!!! Thank you for these!!! I love outside the box ones!

Ugh trust me I know, I just know my family!!! It will happen even if I try my hardest! With one syllables they add, multiple syllables they shorten (I’m clearly traumatized as a [name_f]Megan[/name_f] who NEVER wanted to be called [name_f]Meg[/name_f] haha)

1 Like

I have been trying to talk myself into [name_u]Hartley[/name_u] and [name_u]Hartford[/name_u] but I just don’t love them!! It would solve all my problems!!! haha :slight_smile: Thank you!!

It’s so funny, some people just nickname! I know my whole extended family will do it - you should see what they come up with my other two! haha, so trying to be really proactive! Thank you for these!! <3

1 Like

I love the natural nicknames!! Here’s hoping one of his brothers comes up with something cool!

1 Like

Maybe something like [name_u]Harley[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] to get [name_m]Hart[/name_m].

2 Likes

I guess I would do [name_m]Hari[/name_m] (H-ah-ree)

1 Like