Nickname for Richard John

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m expecting a baby boy who will carry my husband’s name and will have the first and middle names [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]John[/name_u] IV. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband goes by [name_m]Richard[/name_m] and I don’t care for any of the associated [name_m]Richard[/name_m] nicknames or RJ. I’m planning on him going by [name_u]John[/name_u] but can anyone think of any cute nicknames for [name_u]John[/name_u] or the IV besides [name_u]Jack[/name_u] (that’s what one of my best friends calls her little boy).
Thank you!

I know a [name_u]John[/name_u] that is sometimes called [name_u]Jay[/name_u], I always thought that was a nice nickname. There’s also the classic [name_u]Johnny[/name_u], which I’m a fan of. And I also think [name_u]John[/name_u] is just fine on its own without a nickname.

i know a guy who is a fourth and he just goes by IV, which i think is cool!

I grew up with a kid who was named [name_u]John[/name_u] and called Jonno. I’ve always thought that was cute.

[name_u]Jo[/name_u] / [name_u]Joe[/name_u], [name_u]Jay[/name_u] (I have a cousin called [name_u]Jack[/name_u] who we often call [name_u]Jay[/name_u], and I love it!), JJ, and [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] all come to mine. I also love [name_u]Richie[/name_u] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] for [name_m]Richard[/name_m]!

The name [name_m]Quade[/name_m] means fourth, and makes a great nickname :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

maybe a little bit of a stretch, but i like the idea of richard john, “reggie”!

joe
jojo
jay
jax
jan
jonas
nino

John…

[name_m]Jonty[/name_m]
[name_u]Johnny[/name_u]
Jonno
[name_u]Jo[/name_u]