Nickname help: Esmé and Minerva?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

I’m looking for some suggestions for nicknames for Esmé and [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]. We live in a culture where if we don’t give them a nickname they’ll be given one by other people even if I prefer the whole name.

So far we’ve come up with:
Esmé:
[name_f]May[/name_f]
Ez

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]:
[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] is definitely out
Niv
[name_m]Mack[/name_m]
Minz
Vee

If we have a red-head, her nickname will be [name_u]Roux[/name_u] (pr. Roo)

I think [name_f]Esme[/name_f] can be shortened to [name_f]Essie[/name_f] as well, and [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] - [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_f]Neva[/name_f] and [name_u]Min[/name_u].

I would use Es (“ez”) and [name_f]Mina[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is unlikely to be automatically given a nickname but [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] likely will, so find one you like! I also like the suggestions of [name_u]Min[/name_u] and [name_f]Neva[/name_f], but not keen on Minz, Niv or [name_m]Mack[/name_m] I’m afraid. Vee is OK but perhaps a bit of a stretch based off a single letter.

I like Ez or Ezie for [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] could also be a possibility. For [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] I like [name_u]Min[/name_u] or [name_f]Mina[/name_f].

Ez for [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Mina[/name_f] for [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] would be my picks.

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]: [name_f]Emme[/name_f], [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f]

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]: [name_f]Minna[/name_f], Minn, [name_f]Merva[/name_f]

Ez for [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and Niv for [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]

[name_f]Emme[/name_f] and Zay