Nickname other than Zack???

My husband has really started to like the name [name]Zachariah[/name]. I love the name! But if we did name our son [name]Zachariah[/name] I wouldn’t want to call him that ALL THE TIME because its so many syllables! My husband likes the nickname [name]Zack[/name]…but I’ve never liked it. Are there any other nicknames for [name]Zachariah[/name] we could use?? If we can’t find a good nickname we might not put it on the list. Thanks! :slight_smile:

“[name]Harry[/name]” maybe?

[name]Ariah[/name] or [name]Riah[/name]

[name]Zed[/name], as in the initial [name]Zed[/name].

[name]Harry[/name] is ok but I don’t really like it

[name]Ariah[/name] or [name]Riah[/name] I was actually thinking about but do you think they are a bit feminine? Is [name]Ariah[/name] too close to the girls name [name]Aria[/name]??

[name]Zed[/name] is nice too but is just not my style- same as [name]Harry[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you guys think [name]Zeke[/name] could be a nickname?? Or is it too much of a stretch??

I really like the NN [name]Zeke[/name] but I only really like it for [name]Ezekiel[/name] and [name]Hezekiah[/name].

Would [name]Zacharias[/name] or [name]Zachary[/name] give you more options for NNs while still preserving your husband’s [name]Zach[/name]-effect? [name]Zane[/name] could be another option if he’s okay with losing that.

[name]Zachary[/name] is not a name we like.

[name]Zacharias[/name] we like but it has the same problems as [name]Zachariah[/name]. Plus we like [name]Zachariah[/name] a lot more.

Sorry but you’ll be really hard pushed to avoid [name]Zach[/name]/[name]Zack[/name] if you call your son [name]Zachariah[/name] - and you probably won’t have a say in it after he starts school!

I think the only other viable option would be [name]Zee[/name]/[name]Zed[/name] for the initial but even then [name]Zach[/name] will undoubtedly happen whether you like it or not :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] come you like [name]Zachariah[/name] so much but not [name]Zach[/name]? The [name]Ariah[/name] bit can go on the end of anything… but usually girls names… [name]Mariah[/name], [name]Sariah[/name] etc.

I like [name]Zachariah[/name], but it would be hard to avoid the whole [name]Zach[/name]/[name]Zack[/name] thing! The only other thing I could think of was [name]Ari[/name], but that’s quite popular for the girls right now. I think [name]Zane[/name] or [name]Zeke[/name] could be nice options but are pushing it quite a bit.

Good luck!