Nickname Tatum from Matilda?

Hey I was wondering if you could get the nickname [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] from [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. I know it sounds like a stretch, but at least while shes young, and can go by [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] later on, but her sister [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] would go by [name_u]Scout[/name_u] or [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. So [name_m]Can[/name_m] you, plausibly, get [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] from the name [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]? [name_u]Tatum[/name_u], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], and [name_u]Scout[/name_u] just seem like such a cute sibset

I don’t see how that works, sorry

[name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_u]Mattie[/name_u], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], or [name_f]Millie[/name_f]?

3 Likes

I don’t see it at all, sorry. Could you work [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] into her actual name somewhere?

5 Likes

If you like Tatum, Theo, and Scout as a sib set, I say just use those as a sib set!! It seems a bit funny to me to go my one’s 2nd middle name. And I don’t personally see Tatum from Matilda…

4 Likes

Exactly! I do not see any pathway from Matilda to Tatum. Are you picking Matilda because you love Matilda or because you like how you want it to help your sibsets collective nicknames? Honestly Infeel the default nn for Elowen would be Ellie. Nell is typically seen as the nn for names like Penelope, Eleanor or Helen…

2 Likes

No, I can’t see it at all.

2 Likes

I agree with this :heart:

1 Like

I can’t see it working, sorry

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] but I must say, I’m not sure how you get [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] from [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (and also [name_f]Nell[/name_f] from Elowen)? I’m all about intuitive nicknames though so I’m not hugely imaginative/creative in this regard…

1 Like

NO.

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me. I have a hard time seeing [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] as a nickname for anything - it’s a name in its own right. And I don’t know anyone who uses a nickname based on their second middle name. Why not just use [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] if that’s the name you really like?

2 Likes

It doesn’t make any sense to me. However, you could of course still call her [name_u]Tatum[/name_u], it will just look like a random nickname unrelated to her given name.

1 Like

If you need [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] as a nickname, maybe something like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]? [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]? Something with [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] and an M name next to each other

I could sort of see it if [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] was her first name due to similarities in sound, but with it being her second middle it just seems bizarre.

2 Likes

Sorry it’s a no from me too. I wouldn’t personally get that leap from [name_f]Matilda[/name_f].

But it’s your little one and you can choose any nn you like :+1:t2:

1 Like

I think nicknames can be whatever you want them to be. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom sort of just assigned me a word as a child, which sounds nothing like my real name, and has been calling me it in passing for forever. That being said, it seems like you would want to refer to the child as [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] quite often, not just as an “in the moment let me shorten your name” type thing. (does that make sense? lol) So I would just suggest just straight up using [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] as a first name. Also [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] seem like polar opposites to me in terms of style, which is why I think a lot of previous posters can not see the nickname working at all.

1 Like