Nicknames created from first and middle name?

What are people’s thoughts on nicknames derived from a combination of the first and middle name? Or a nickname that is just ‘inspired’ by the full name?

A couple of examples I’m liking:

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] - nickname ‘[name_f]Flo[/name_f]’
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] - nickname ‘[name_u]Billie[/name_u]’

Are these too much of a stretch?
Any other suggestions inspired by this method?

x

I like them! They’re fun :slight_smile:

Some others
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]’
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]/[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Libby[/name_f]’
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Molly[/name_f]’
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]/[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]/[name_f]Florence[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Effie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Lola[/name_f]’
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]/[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]/[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Addy[/name_f]’[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Collette[/name_f]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ‘[name_u]Scout[/name_u]’
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Tilda[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]’

I dig them and actually think they’re pretty cool and interesting.

I can’t think of any on the top of my head but I am playing a game (Witcher 3) where two main characters have that sort of thing with their names.

Duchess [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] who the people sometimes call “Anarietta” and (ex) [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] who everyone calls “Syanna”

I had [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Cora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flora[/name_f] on my list for a while

I like this. Another one:

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]–KC or [name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]–[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]

I like them! I have [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]/[name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] on my list, nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f]