Nicknames for a passed down!

I have a friend name [name]Edward[/name] and is going to pass his name down to his son, making him a II. He doesn’t want him to be called by [name]Edward[/name], confusing each other. I know there is a lot of nicknames for [name]Edward[/name] like, [name]Ned[/name], [name]Ted[/name] or [name]Ed[/name]. What other ones are there? I gave him the suggestion of [name]Edison[/name].

The only thing I can think of is [name]Ward[/name], or Ardy… I suppose he could go by EJ ([name]Edward[/name] [name]Jr[/name].) or his regular initials, depending on what they are… either for his FN/MN or FN/LN… or he could even go by his MN, maybe?

[name]Edison[/name] and [name]Ted[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name] are really cute, though!

Ardy is cute! Didn’t think of that. He goes by EC himself, so I don’t think he’ll want EJ. Good idea though!