Nicknames for Cordelia

Hello all,

I am just wondering what your favorite nicknames for [name]Cordelia[/name] are. I think I have come up with a pretty long list, but I’m not sure if I am crazy about any of them, nor is BF. (Not pregnant, just dreaming.)

So…

Nicknames I’ve come up with (favorites on top and descending to least favorite):

[name]Cori[/name] (I really like this for some reason, even though it’s kind of boyish sounding. I have a long estranged stepbrother named [name]Cory[/name], which makes me hesitant to use it)
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Coco[/name]
[name]Dell[/name]
[name]Delly[/name]
[name]Cordi[/name]

Any other ideas? What do you think of these?

[name]Lia[/name] like [name]Leah[/name], although some people do not pronounce the lee-uh at the end, it is more like [name]Cor[/name]-deal-yuh.

I think I like [name]Delli[/name]/[name]Deli[/name] and [name]Eli[/name]/[name]Elli[/name] the best.

My personal favorites are [name]Cora[/name], [name]Coco[/name], [name]Delia[/name], and [name]Dia[/name].

I don’t really dislike any of the ones on your list. I find [name]Cori[/name] to be sort of boring and I think that it pales next to [name]Cordelia[/name]. [name]Dell[/name] makes me think of computers, and [name]Delly[/name] is interesting but makes me think of deli as in delicatessen. I used to find [name]Cordi[/name] to be unappealing, but I think I might slowly be coming around to it.

I like [name]Delia[/name] or [name]Deli[/name] the best. I like [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Cordy[/name] as well.

I like [name]Delia[/name] best, but then I also like [name]Delia[/name] on it’s own.

[name]Cora[/name], [name]Delia[/name], [name]Coco[/name] and [name]Lia[/name].
[name]Cora[/name] is probably the one I would use though. I love [name]Cora[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Delia[/name] which are quite obvious.
But I also really like Liddy and Lady and [name]Cady[/name].

[name]Cordelia[/name]

[name]Corey[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Cord[/name]
[name]Deedee[/name]
[name]Lea[/name]/[name]Lia[/name]
Deeley
Ceeley- like [name]Keeley[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]

I also think some stuff like [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Corky[/name], [name]Coe[/name], [name]Cody[/name], ect can work

I would probably do [name]Dolly[/name] because for me it gas the same vibe as [name]Cordelia[/name]…old fashioned & really sweet.

But something like [name]Keeley[/name] or [name]Cody[/name]/[name]Cory[/name]/[name]Corky[/name] kind of modernizes the name which might appeal to you.

[name]Dee[/name] or [name]Coe[/name] or [name]Delia[/name] feel most down to earth.

[name]Coco[/name] is cute.

I like [name]Delia[/name] best.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Cori[/name] and [name]Coco[/name]!

[name]Lia[/name] or [name]Clia[/name] could also be sweet.

[name]Cora[/name] then [name]Delia[/name] then [name]Coco[/name]

Ooh and I like someones suggestion of [name]Clia[/name]

[name]Love[/name], love, love [name]Cora[/name]. [name]Delia[/name] is okay, but I like it said the Spanish way, a mix between [name]DAY[/name]-lee-ah and [name]DEL[/name]-ee-ah, much more than DEEL-yah. I think [name]Lia[/name] is cute, or even [name]Lili[/name] (lee-lee) or [name]Lily[/name]. [name]Cordy[/name] is okay, but the rest don’t really appeal to me, sorry. For the most part, I love [name]Cordelia[/name] in its entirety, but I don’t really love its nns (with the exception of [name]Cora[/name], of course).

Good luck!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Edie[/name]?

[name]Cordy[/name], [name]Dell[/name] and [name]Delia[/name] are my favorites.

Sorry for any reposts:
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lil[/name]
[name]Cory[/name]
[name]DeeDee[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Dee[/name]

Thanks, everyone! And, ooh, there are some I didn’t think about like Liddy and [name]Cady[/name]. Interesting possibilities!

I really do like [name]Cordelia[/name] so much on its own that I don’t really think it NEEDS a nickname, but I like to have nickname possibilities in mind.