nicknames for Felicity

I’m due in exactly a month, and we still don’t have a name! We currently like [name]Felicity[/name], and my two-year-old daughter [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Grace[/name] ([name]Emmy[/name]) is convinced that the baby’s name is [name]Felicity[/name]. The only problem is that we have nicknames for everyone, and there doesn’t seem to be an obvious nickname for [name]Felicity[/name]. Some of the older nicknames ([name]Flick[/name], for example) are just not working for me. Any suggestions? Is [name]Izzy[/name] too much of a stretch? Also, we don’t have a middle name. Our last name is Wilkins. Thanks for your ideas! :slight_smile:

[name]Felicity[/name], nn [name]Izzy[/name], is really cute! I’ve never been a fan of many of the nns for [name]Felicity[/name], either–[name]Flick[/name], Flicka, Fliss, Lissy, etc. I do kind of like just Liss… and I don’t think [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name] is too much of a stretch. I think [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] are too close, but [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Elle[/name] or [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] would be cute. City has always been a HUGE GP nn of mine for the name [name]Felicity[/name], too, but I wouldn’t really suggest using it in real life, haha. I think [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Eve[/name], and [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] are cute. I’ve always had a soft spot for [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elise[/name]/[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], as well… maybe [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]?

Good luck!

I think [name]Izzy[/name] would be a cute nn for [name]Felicity[/name]. The only downside is that most people would assume that her name is [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name]. I like the suggestion of [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. Also [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Emma[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Miriam[/name].

Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

When I was a little girl I had an American Girl [name]Felicity[/name] doll. I always called her [name]Lissie[/name], so that’s the first thing that came to mind.

You could call her Feli, CiCi, [name]Lissie[/name], [name]Ellie[/name].

First of all, I think [name]Lissie[/name] is the best, cutest nickname. [name]Lissie[/name] is so old fashioned, I love it! And next, middle name suggestions…

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Cate[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]

Thanks for all the suggestions! :slight_smile: Everyone, please be honest…That’s the best thing about asking for advice here…Y’all don’t have to pretend like you like the name if you really don’t! :slight_smile:

So…I’ve made it to 38 weeks, and she could come any day now!!! We’re still working on her name. Our current fav is [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. What do y’all think? Last name is Wilkins. So her initials would be FNW.

I still want to call her [name]Izzy[/name], but I’ve heard from a few people that the nickname [name]Izzy[/name] doesn’t seem connected to the name [name]Felicity[/name].

Your feedback is very welcome! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• [name]Kelly[/name]
    Mom to [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Grace[/name] “[name]Emmy[/name]”

Hmmm…[name]Effie[/name]/[name]Effy[/name]? As in the first two letters of her name? But that’s too close to [name]Emmy[/name], huh? There’s also the rather poodle-y [name]Fifi[/name]…it could work. Best of luck to you!

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is adorable! I really love it. Did you know that those two names, put together, means “[name]Happy[/name] [name]Christmas[/name]”, though? Could be fitting, especially if she comes in the next few days! Still love [name]Izzy[/name] as a nn for [name]Felicity[/name], too. [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Izzy[/name] are adorable together!

Good luck!

I love [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Noelle[/name].
What about just [name]Elle[/name]? The sound would be in both her first and middle names.

As a nickname I can think of Phelly.

[name]Fee[/name]!! I love felicity, I’d use lissy or fee as nn’s:)

Me too! I would use fee and Lissy as nn’s. [name]Love[/name] it!! I also think CeCe could work. [name]Do[/name] you like that one?

Maybe CeCe…My husband’s aunt goes by CeCe. I’m not excited about Phelly because it rhymes with [name]Kelly[/name]. Not crazy about [name]Fee[/name]. Lissy is a maybe.

Thanks for the help, you guys! :slight_smile:

• [name]Kelly[/name]
    Mom to [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Grace[/name] “[name]Emmy[/name]”

We are due in [name]July[/name] so we don’t know gender yet but are first choice for a girl is [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I also like [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]. Our two year old calls [name]Felicity[/name] Lissy.

Hello, I’m a [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. :blush:

[name_f]My[/name_f] nicknames (and who they’re from) are below. [name_f]My[/name_f] friends and family RARELY call me [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] so it’s usually one of:

[name_u]Fee[/name_u] or [name_u]Fee[/name_u] [name_u]Fee[/name_u] (my OH)
Fliss (most of my family)
[name_f]Flossie[/name_f] (one grandfather)
[name_f]Flick[/name_f] (almost all of my friends and some workmates)

I’ve also been called Lif and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] by a couple of random people who chose their own nicknames for me.

I think [name_f]Lissie[/name_f] and Fizzy are also sweet nicknames for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], although I’ve never been called either so they didn’t come naturally. It’s really quite a versatile name for nicknames!!

PS: I think the name [name_f]Effy[/name_f]/[name_f]Effie[/name_f] could also work as a nickname for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

Personally, I don’t see [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]. Sad you don’t like [name_f]Flick[/name_f]. I think Lissy or Cici are nice nns that work.

I’ve heard [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flo[/name_f] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]… the former probably works more than the latter

I’ve always liked Lissy for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], so I think [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] works too!