Nicknames that have nothing to do with your name

Too funny, me too, except it was my sister who couldn’t pronounce my name. My name is [name]Kristin[/name], but for whatever reason, [name]Dee[/name] [name]Dee[/name] is what she started calling me, and it stuck (hence my user name!) I remember friends calling my house when I was a teenager, and thinking my Dad was calling the wrong person when he’d yell “[name]Dee[/name], phone!” for me to come to the phone.

I crashed a motorcycle my senior year of high school and was called [name]Harley[/name] for the remainder of the year. (Luckily, my injuries were trivial - I was thrown to the grass and rolled … under an overgrown, neglected rose bush. [name]Imagine[/name] patterns of fine scratches everywhere.) It was such a dramatic incident, and the scratches such a persistent reminder, that [name]Harley[/name] really stuck. I met a guy when I was out with friends and was introduced to him as [name]Harley[/name]. We dated for a while, and he introduced me to his parents as [name]Harley[/name].

Happily, that one has faded into the past …

My mom has called me [name]Zuzu[/name] as a pet name since I was very small. Obviously it has nothing to do with my real name ([name]Margaret[/name]), and I don’t think she even remembers how she got it! (however, she says she wasn’t even thinking about [name]Zuzu[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] from It’s A Wonderful Life…it was a seemingly random choice).

We’ve called my youngest sister (now 13) Tot since she was a baby (it was a nickname in a book I was reading once) and my mom has morphed it into Tater Tot and then into just Tater…and that’s what she calls her half the time!

My name is [name]Gina[/name], and my sister calls me [name]Belle[/name]. No idea why.
In high school my friends called me [name]Buffy[/name], because I was obsessed with the show. Also, a few called me Tink, for a movie character [name]Tinka[/name]. The only related nn I’ve ever had is now my niece calls me [name]Gigi[/name].