Nicknames

Hello! I’m looking for a nickname for the name Aerran (pronounced AE-ran, but the a is short enough to almost be an i).

I know his name is quite short, and therefore there might not be many nickname options to choose from, but the fact that he has a nickname is a fairly large point in the chapter I’m writing so I’d like a good one to center it around.

The nickname can come from his name or his appearance, or even his personality.

Aerran is (in this chapter) a young boy (age 8) with a surly attitude and fairly bright red hair that he inherited from his father. His mother died 2 years ago and he’s been unhappy since then, often feeling he can’t remember her well enough to love her. He’s obsessed with becoming a page boy (yes, medievalish fantasy), but has also considered working with horses. His father is a gardener and he thinks flowers are stupid (later, he’ll learn to appreciate them and eventually become a parttime gardener himself). He has recently been transplanted from the estate of a baron to the king’s palace, as his father was chosen to work in the queen’s garden, so there’s some homesickness there as well. Otherwise, he’s a mischievous boy who appreciates climbing trees, rope swings, etc.

ray
ren
aran
arya
red (a play on his hair color)
ay (rhyming with “say”)

1 Like

[name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_m]Aero[/name_m]
[name_u]Russet[/name_u], [name_u]Auburn[/name_u], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], Apples, Crabapple, [name_u]Rhodes[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Ronny[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronald[/name_m] McDonald
[name_u]Randy[/name_u]
[name_u]Rudy[/name_u]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]

Thanks everyone! I’ve decided to go with [name_u]Ren[/name_u].

2 Likes

Rae/Ray
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_f]Air[/name_f]