Nico for a girl?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all - I’d love to get some opinions here! I’m expecting my second girl, and I’m looking for opinions on using the name [name_u]Nico[/name_u]. I love it for a boy, and I’m having a hard time letting go of it now that I’m having a girl. What are your thoughts??

I was brought up with vintage music so I would be familiar with female [name_m]Nicos[/name_m] anyway. I do like it, one concern would be if she were to travel with it.

There is also a current singer called [name_m]Neko[/name_m] [name_m]Case[/name_m] so I think it’s usable on a girl. I’ve been liking [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] and [name_f]Nicolina[/name_f] lately and [name_u]Nico[/name_u] could be a cute nickname for one of those.

It’s usable but I prefer it on a boy.

I think [name_u]Nico[/name_u] on a girl is fine. Heck, if [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and [name_u]James[/name_u] are unisex, why not [name_u]Nico[/name_u]?

Yes, thanks to [name_f]Velvet[/name_f] Underground I am open to hearing [name_u]Nico[/name_u] on a girl and am actually excited about the idea!

I love [name_u]Nico[/name_u] for a girl! I say go for it. :slight_smile:

Thanks all! You have been so much more positive than I expected! Now to convince my husband…

My mom’s cousin is named [name_u]Nico[/name_u] and I believe that is her full name, so I can definitely see it working. I do prefer it on a boy, but I don’t see an issue. Maybe [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] “[name_u]Nico[/name_u]”?

It’s fabulous for a girl! There was a female character called this in Ugly [name_f]Betty[/name_f], and I’ve liked it ever since.

I just want to mention that much as I love the singer [name_u]Nico[/name_u]'s music, she held racist and antisemitic views. That may not be a dealbreaker, just letting you know.

It’s doable for sure, but I think it would be best as a nickname for a more formal name, just for a tad more substance. [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f], [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] and [name_f]Nicoletta[/name_f] are all beautiful options

[name_u]Nico[/name_u] on its own I prefer on a boy. On a girl, I prefer it as a nickname.

[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_u]Nicola[/name_u]
[name_u]Dominique[/name_u]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicoline[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]
[name_f]Nikoleta[/name_f]
Nikora
[name_f]Nicoletta[/name_f]
[name_f]Aniko[/name_f]
[name_f]Monica[/name_f]

My cousin’s daughter is named [name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. She is a spunky eleven-year-old, red-haired little girl who loves Irish dancing, art, and [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who. It definitely works for a girl :slight_smile:

I’m personally not a fan of [name_u]Nico[/name_u] on a girl.