Nikita?

What do you think of the name [name_u]Nikita[/name_u]? On a boy?

I like the name [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] but only for a girl…or sadly a dog. I think it sounds a little too feminine.
Other ideas for a boy with [name_u]Nick[/name_u] in them
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] (the classic)
[name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m]
Nicothodes (pronounced [name_u]Nik[/name_u]- uh- ThO - dees)
[name_u]Niko[/name_u]

[name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is a name that’s been in my mind lately. I like the way it sounds, though (like @farie said) it does sound quite feminine. I feel like if you have a really European last name the [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] might work better.

I can see the appeal, but it reminds me of one person: [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] Kruschev. IDK, it’s just that I like names with more than one strong association.
It’s usable, though. :slight_smile:

Hard to imagine on a boy. Interesting & cute on a girl.

I know it’s acceptable for both genders, but, similar to [name_u]Nicola[/name_u], [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is all girl for me :confused:

Please, on a boy only! I know a lot of Russian Nikitas - it’s quite big over there. On a girl it looks ridiculous and trashy, as I see it.

I agree. [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is for boys only. On a girl it’s just tacky.
I love [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] on a boy, by the way.

It’s a boy’s name fair and square. But the [name_m]Elton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] song and La Femme [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] have put it firmly in the girl’s camp here in [name_u]America[/name_u].

I [name_f]DO[/name_f] know a girl in her 20’s named [name_u]Nikita[/name_u]. It definitely sounds like a girl name to me. :slight_smile: I like it, yet…my first thoughts (probably my age…LOL) are a great name for a Siberian Husky or other husky-type dog, or former USSR leader [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] Khrushchev.

Hugs,
[name_f]Cathy[/name_f]

In its native land, [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is definitely a boy’s name, but here in the US, it sounds very feminine. For me the first thing that comes to mind is the [name_m]Elton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] song & video, & the next thing is a husky or malamute or similar dog (female). Khruschev doesn’t come to mind until after the two feminine images.

[name_u]Nikita[/name_u] the Akita? LOL

I definitely see it as a boy’s name.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

My first thought was [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] the TV programme, where [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] was the female lead character.

[name_u]Nikita[/name_u] definitely sounds like a girl’s name to me too! My first thought was that it was a girl from [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], and I also think it sounds like a Siberian Husky name. =)