Nikolai vs Niklaus

What are your thoughts on these? Which do you prefer? I love the potential nicknames of [name_u]Niko[/name_u], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], and [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] and I would love to hear how others perceive these names :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like both. I prefer [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m], generally, but enjoy that [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] leads to the potential nickname of [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] (though I also think [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] works on its own too).

3 Likes

Nikolai’s one of my favourites! There’s something lighter, and more fun and youthful compared to the other [name_u]Nik[/name_u]- names. It has a more unique sound too, which sets it apart (in a good way). I also love [name_u]Niko[/name_u] and [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] is less my cup of tea, but not bad. I think I’d prefer [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] or [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] for where I live.

I love the sharp bright sound of [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]

[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] gets my vote!

[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] by a large margin

[name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] is too Christmasey

1 Like

I really like both! they’re very sweet names, but i heavily associate [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] with the character from the vampire diaries/originals who also went by [name_m]Klaus[/name_m].

[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] is one of my own favourites - it has just got a great energy and zest to it. [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] is nice too, but I definitely prefer [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m].

I like both, but [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] wins for me. It has a cool, melodic sound

They’re both good names, but I prefer [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] because it feels more international to me. It’s both a Russian/Slavic and Scandinavian form of the name (spelled [name_m]Nikolaj[/name_m] or Nicolai) and is easy to pronounce in many languages. [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] on the other hand is nice, but it feels very… [name_m]German[/name_m]. And it could cause pronunciation issues.

I love [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] but I do think that Nikaus may have some pronunciation issues

I think I prefer [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] with nn [name_m]Klaus[/name_m]. [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] has always been one of my favourite boy’s names, and I honestly can’t even explain why- I just adore it so much!