Niles?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like it? Hate it? Think it’s just okay? Is it too close to [name_u]Miles[/name_u]? Should it be a middle name only option? I have a lot of questions about this name and would love some input!

And if you have any other name ideas that fit this vibe I’d love to hear them!

I really like it! I think it’s a fresher alternative to [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. It does remind me of the [name_m]Frasier[/name_m] character, but that’s a positive association in my book.

1 Like

Very much like it!

I prefer Nile/Niall to [name_m]Niles[/name_m].

I’m also a fan of [name_u]Miles[/name_u] and Lyle💥

I like [name_m]Niles[/name_m] ! It feels very fresh !

The butler on the 90’s show The [name_f]Nanny[/name_f] was named Nilesso I’m not sure if it makes me think “fresh” but oddly enough I don’t think it as close to [name_u]Miles[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_m]Niles[/name_m] feels fresh and cool to me! I quite like it!!

[name_u]Callahan[/name_u], [name_u]Mars[/name_u], [name_m]Lars[/name_m] and [name_u]Tay[/name_u] give me similar vibes

I actually love [name_m]Niles[/name_m]! I love [name_u]Nile[/name_u] too. It has this super fun, slightly retro feel to it.

^^ Exactly this.

That said, I do prefer Miles, personally, but I think Niles is a fresh, cool alternative! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i really like [name_m]Niles[/name_m]! i have it on my long list :relieved:
i prefer it over [name_u]Miles[/name_u] since i think it’s more unique
he would probably get some confusions tho with people thinking his name is [name_u]Miles[/name_u] but i think it’s worth it!

I love [name_m]Niles[/name_m] and am trying to sway my husband on it!

Personally I think it’s to close to miles. I met a kid named [name_m]Niles[/name_m] a few years ago and even after my friends and I had run into him multiple times we couldn’t settle on whether his name was [name_u]Miles[/name_u] or [name_m]Niles[/name_m]. Eventually he can to something we were running that he actually had to sign up for so we figured out it was [name_m]Niles[/name_m]. But if introducing yourself causes that much confusion I think the names are too close.

I much prefer [name_m]Niles[/name_m] over [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. In agreement with other poster that it feels fresh and I wouldn’t be concerned that some may be confused with him being [name_u]Miles[/name_u], as just one quick clarification is all that is required, then they know.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I think it’s charming! I much prefer it to [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. It feels way more interesting even though you just change one letter.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile: