Nimuel

I stumbled across this name and I think it sounds pretty sweet.
I was sure it was a biblical name at first but apparently it’s an alternative spelling to Nemuel (a biblical name) used in the Philippines. However, all the sources I’ve found list a different meaning than Nemuel. They say it means “peace”.
I assume it’s pronounced similar to [name_m]Manuel[/name_m] in Spanish. Sort of like [name_f]Nim[/name_f]-well. But maybe it could be [name_f]Nim[/name_f]-you-el too.
I like the look of it because it reminds me of [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] (completely different origin, I know) and the nn [name_f]Nim[/name_f] is cute.

Has anyone else ever heard of it before? Thoughts or opinions?

1 Like

I’ve only heard of Nemuel and thus I would seeing this pronounce it nim-you-ul

I think [name_f]Nim[/name_f] is cute

I think if it were from the nimue root I would end up pronouncing it [name_f]Nim[/name_f]-way-el

1 Like

I would have thought it was pronounced similar to [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], but I prefer the Spanish [name_m]Manuel[/name_m] pronunciation. I don’t think [name_f]Nim[/name_f] is a strong enough sound to go with u-ell, but nim-well feels solid

1 Like

Yep, I thought this too! I would assume it’s a variation of [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] and therefore a girl’s name at first to be honest although could see it on a boy too.

Going with the Nemuel spelling could help with avoiding it getting mixed up with [name_f]Nimue[/name_f], if that’s something that would bother you.

1 Like

I think Nimuel reminds me of [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_m]Manuel[/name_m]! [name_f]My[/name_f] first language is Spanish so I pronounce it like the first option! I think it’s a beautiful name if it has that spelling :sweat_smile: don’t really like the others! If it’s from the Philippines I suggest asking a friend! I asked mine and they never heard of someone with that name!

1 Like

Looks much better as Nemuel.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Nimuel before, but I love it! I like that it reminds me of [name_f]Nimue[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Nim[/name_f], I think it is such an adorable, cool nickname!

2 Likes

Yes, because some sites say it’s from the Philippines I thought it might be said closer to something like a Spanish pronunciation.
I asked my husband as his mom is from the Philippines but he’s never heard of it. He was born in [name_u]America[/name_u]. Probably would have to ask my MIL but it could just be a random name that is rare and not actually used a lot there. :woman_shrugging:t2:
I was just wondering if anyone else had come across it but I guess Nemuel is the closest thing. I like Nimuel more though.

I kind of like it. It has an intriguing sound

1 Like

I was saying it like nim-you-el, and I think I just don’t like the you-el/yul ending (not keen on [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] or [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] or the likes) because I actually really like nim-well.

1 Like

Certainly different. As others have said it reminds me of [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m]. I think I prefer nemuel I don’t know why I think it just looks a bit better.

2 Likes

I like the look of it and the soft sound, but there are quite a few pronunciations that could be assumed. I think I prefer Nemuel.

1 Like