Nina

What are your opinions on the name [name_f]Nina[/name_f]? What comes first to mind?

I love the name [name_f]Nina[/name_f]. I think it’s simple, elegant, and cute. I’m a massive [name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] fan so maybe I’m biased! What’s your opinion?

i love [name_f]Nina[/name_f] :love_letter: it’s soft and gentle and elegant & suits all ages

1 Like

i know an amazing nina so yes from me

1 Like

Underrated imo, but super gentle + spunky!

1 Like

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] is sweet but strong, zippy and smart. It has a well-established vibe without feeling overused - or totally unusual

1 Like

I think of [name_f]Nina[/name_f] from the show 24. It’s a sweet name!

1 Like

I agree, so underrated!

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] is universal and can be “anything” (sweet and girly, serious and scholarly, fresh, classic). I’ve always associated it with Ms. [name_u]Simone[/name_u], so to me its strong, impressive and no-nonsense, yet artsy.

2 Likes

I love that! Thank you for your comment.

1 Like

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] is gorgeous :ballet_shoes:

Such a lovely name really elegant, timeless, romantic and feels very universal. [name_f]Nina[/name_f] reminds me of ballet, lace, opera and light pink colours.

2 Likes

I like it! I thinks it’s sweet and fun!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name! However I do know someone named [name_f]Nina[/name_f] who pronounces it “Nigh-nuh” rather than “Nee-nuh”. Not sure how rare/common that is, but just be willing to clarify the pronunciation here and there. As long as you’re okay with that, then I think it’s a great choice!

1 Like

It has negative associations for me.

1 Like

I like it, it’s definitely underused in my opinion. It’s sweet and sassy.

1 Like

I would use the pronunciation “Nee-nuh”- I’ve never heard of “nigh-nuh” before! That’s really interesting, I didn’t know there were two ways of pronouncing it!