nn Deedee?

Spunky and fresh or totally outdated? Wdyt?

It’s not so much outdated now as it is refreshing in a sea of Maddies and Lolas.

Thanks bananaberry.

Also, what do you picture a girl called [name]Deedee[/name] to be like?

Cute and spunky? ;D

I have four cousins with the nickname [name]DeeDee[/name] stemming from [name]Deandra[/name], [name]Dione[/name], [name]Deidre[/name] and [name]Desiree[/name]. They are all very friendly and very outspoken. Also, I have found that the nickname travels well into adulthood as 3 out of 4 of those cousins are in their 20s/30s. I’m actually planning to use it for a daughter that I am considering naming [name]Delores[/name].

Wow, I’ve only met one other [name]Deedee[/name] in my life and that was a little over 10 years ago.

It reminds me of Dexters Laboratory :slight_smile: but beyond that I think it’s cute and unexpected

I remember [name]Dexter[/name]'s Labratory :slight_smile:

I thought If I had a daughter and named her [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Dot[/name] I could call her [name]Deedee[/name]. What does everyone think of [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Dot[/name], I really like alliteration.

I’m going with cute and spunky! My grandma is [name]Deedee[/name] ([name]Dolores[/name]–I’ve known two other Deedees who were also [name]Dolores[/name]) and she is a friendly, warm, energetic lady, so that is what I picture when I hear it. I can’t quite get myself into the headspace of [name]Dolores[/name] as a modern little girl, but I think [name]Deedee[/name] totally works!

I have an Aunt with a similar nn([name]Dee{[/name]). She is sweet and spunky, yet sleek and sophisticated. I think the nn [name]DeeDee[/name] is a fresh twist on the older nn.

well, i’m biased–it’s MY nn–and i’ve always loved it. :slight_smile:

now as an adult–it’s seems to be “dee” just as often as “dee dee”–but that’s cool too!

my guess is that she’ll love it.

I guess I’m the odd one out here, I’m not a fan :stuck_out_tongue:
Seems a little too frumpy for me…
I’m biased though because I’ve got an Aunt [name]Deedee[/name] who lives on a farm and collects chicken paraphernalia.