nn for Gideon

I have recently starting really liking [name]Gideon[/name]. What would be any possible nn?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]!

Gid and Giddy (yeah, not the best…) are the only obvious nicknames that come to my mind (well, [name]Deon[/name] and [name]Eon[/name] could also work), but I love [name]Gideon[/name], and bet that a [name]Gideon[/name] would have no trouble going through life being called by his full name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I thought of [name]Deon[/name], but really I don’t think [name]Gideon[/name] needs a nickname. It’s a cool name!

This is my 35 year old brother’s name and we’ve always called him “Gid”. Though when I was a toddler I called him [name]GeeGee[/name]!

I don’t think [name]Gideon[/name] needs a nn either, but [name]Gee[/name], Gid, or [name]Deon[/name] would be my guesses as to what you would probably end up using.

I think it’d be very cruel to saddle a child with the name [name]Gideon[/name]…but here are some nicknames anyway.

G, Gid, [name]Ian[/name]/[name]Ion[/name], [name]Deon[/name]…

I like [name]Ian[/name] and maybe Gid but that’s all. I like [name]Gideon[/name] on it’s own too :slight_smile:

I agree that [name]Gideon[/name] is a good name on it’s own, but I do like [name]Ian[/name] as a nn too! Thanks for all the ideas. You guys are awesome!

I think you just have to come up with something unrelated if you want a nn for that one. But I don’t think [name]Gideon[/name] needs a nn.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Grey[/name]?

My son’s name is [name]Gideon[/name] and he gets called Gid and [name]Dee[/name].

I love the name gideon i agree ian or deon could work
maybe reversing some of the letter like Dig or [name]Neo[/name] or ned or eddie maybe