nn for jameson

i’m wondering if mason is too much of a stretch as a nn for jameson? james is a family name, but i don’t want another james/jamie in the family. i’ve heard jem can also be a nn for james/jameson. but mason is a completely different name unrelated to jameson…so what do you think?

I don’t think of [name]Mason[/name] as a nn for [name]Jameson[/name] but more of an end rhyme.

Does [name]James[/name] have to be in the first spot? I think [name]Mason[/name] [name]James[/name] is nice.

Honestly even though the meaning of [name]Jameson[/name] is masculine, it’s becoming a part of a trend for girls along with [name]Emerson[/name], [name]Addison[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], etc. I think [name]Jim[/name] Belushi and some other celebrities have used [name]Jameson[/name] for their daughter’s.

[name]Mason[/name] may be a bit of a stretch, but nn’s sometimes are, for example [name]Buddy[/name] for [name]Francis[/name] or [name]Daisy[/name] for [name]Margaret[/name], so be creative. You could also use [name]Mason[/name] in the middle, [name]James[/name] [name]Mason[/name] and call him by his middle.

My favorite nn for [name]James[/name] is [name]Jay[/name]. It is also an ancient latin name that stands on it’s own.

mason and james are both [name]WAY[/name] too popular as a first name for us to use. our DS is beckett and we’d like something along those lines popularity-wise. i had just never heard of mason as a nn for jameson and another baby name site had it listed…