NN for Tabitha

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any nn ideas for [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]? I don’t like [name_f]Tabby[/name_f].

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Itty, [name_f]Thea[/name_f] (stretch?), Tee / [name_f]Tea[/name_f], Tabs, [name_u]Abbie[/name_u]

I want to follow this because I love the name but don’t like [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] or [name_f]Tibby[/name_f] either. My friends say I wouldn’t be able to stop people from calling a [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] which makes me hesitant to ever use it.

I did think of pairing it with a middle that starts with J and using nn [name_u]Taj[/name_u].

A middle that starts with Li, [name_m]Le[/name_m], or [name_m]Ly[/name_m] could maybe justify [name_u]Tally[/name_u]/Tolly.

[name_f]Tibby[/name_f], Bitty, [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Bee[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], kitty, [name_f]Bibi[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Tibby[/name_f] or [name_u]Abby[/name_u] best. Also [name_f]Beth[/name_f] and [name_f]Tia[/name_f], or any general T beginning nn such as Tiggy, Ticky, [name_f]Tippi[/name_f], Tootie, [name_f]Tottie[/name_f]. You can find egs of most of these on adults - [name_f]Tottie[/name_f] Goldsmith, Tiggy Legge-bourke, [name_f]Tippi[/name_f] Hedren, Ticky Fullerton. I agree with the suggestions already given and I think [name_f]Thea[/name_f] works and is a great idea.

Maybe [name_f]Ibby[/name_f] or [name_f]Betsy[/name_f]?

[name_u]Taffy[/name_u]/[name_f]Taffi[/name_f]?

[name_f]Bitsy[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f]

Maybe also [name_f]Babs[/name_f] or [name_f]Bobbi[/name_f]?

[name_f]Beth[/name_f], Bethy or [name_f]Betha[/name_f]. I don’t think that switching the I to an E for a nn is a far stretch when they sound so similar in the name.

I don’t like when people say things like “you can’t stop people from using this certain nickname” because that’s not true at all. People are more courteous than some might imagine. My husband is [name_u]Michael[/name_u] and he gets asked all the time if he prefers [name_m]Mike[/name_m] or [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. My best friend is [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] and everyone knows he likes to be called [name_m]Benji[/name_m] and he has since birth. Another friend of mine named her child [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] and calls her [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. No one ever calls her [name_f]Cami[/name_f] or even tries to…because her chosen nickname is [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. I know another little girl named [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and the minute she turned 8 she told everyone to stop calling her [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] because she wasn’t a little girl anymore. You can choose what you want to be called and you most certainly can tell others of your preference. Most people respect that choice, even if it’s a little out there. Oh, and my grandma’s name is [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] but she goes by [name_u]Kay[/name_u] because she likes it. So yea…

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: of course your future child could decide that she loves the nn [name_f]Tabby[/name_f]…then there’s really nothing you can do about it. Lol

There are some great ideas here! [name_f]Babs[/name_f] reminded me of Babie/[name_f]Babbie[/name_f] which I recently found in my family tree (though birth name [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] it seems she always went by Babie). This would work just as well for [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f].

Bitha
Tabs
[name_u]Abbie[/name_u]
Titha
Itha

I love Tee, Bitty and [name_f]Babs[/name_f]! Thank you all :smiley: