• Ginnie: 3 (23%)
  • Ginger: 6 (46%)
  • Vinnie: 0 (0%)
  • Ivy: 1 (8%)
  • Junie: 2 (15%)
  • Vina: 0 (0%)
  • Niva: 0 (0%)
  • Ginna: 1 (8%)

Any help? For some reason I’m driving myself crazy thinking about this. I think I’m okay with a nn adn then I just start to hate it. COuld really use some feedback.

I voted for [name]Junie[/name], but I also really like [name]Ginny[/name] and [name]Vinnie[/name]. I would stay far, far away from [name]Ginger[/name] on a redhead, though. Unfortunately, redheads are often called ‘gingers’ (and not always affectionately, either). A redhead named [name]Ginger[/name] would just be an invitation for teasing. Hopefully, though, this will all be forgotten by the time your daughter is in school!

Other nicknames could be [name]Vera[/name], [name]Gina[/name], or [name]Ina[/name]… how’d you get [name]Ivy[/name]?

Ok, so from your list I like:
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Junie[/name]
[name]Vina[/name]
[name]Ginna[/name]

They are spunky and cool and don’t get heard of very often. But you could also call her something that doesn’t relate to her name but to her appearance or personality. (Forgive me for my comic book reference) In Ironman, [name]Virginia[/name] Potts’ nn is [name]Pepper[/name], which I think is so cool! She’s a strong, independent, smart, successful woman, and a redhead to boot! So maybe you could consider [name]Pepper[/name]?

It’s just an idea.

[name]Hana[/name]

I know what you mean about driving yourself crazy, I do the same thing!

I voted for [name]Ginger[/name]. I think it’s adorable especially since she’s a redhead. I would also call her [name]Ginny[/name], I think it would be the most natural. [name]Virginia[/name] nn [name]Ginger[/name]/[name]Ginny[/name], perfection!

I love [name]Junie[/name], I think you could call her that sometimes. I wouldn’t use it exclusively though, since [name]Virginia[/name] is so beautiful. [name]Ivy[/name] I completely love as a full name, but I don’t see it as a nickname for [name]Virginia[/name]. I think [name]Vivi[/name] pronounced Veevee would be a better option.

I can’t remember your other choices but to me they just didn’t seem natural. I don’t mind nicknames that are a stretch, but i think [name]Ginger[/name]/[name]Ginny[/name] is so lovely that it’d be a shame to waste them.

Which do you love the most? Didn’t you say you love [name]Ginger[/name]? If so, you should use it! What does your daughter’s personality seem like?

P.S. I love the name [name]Virginia[/name] so, so much! Does it work as well in real life as I hope it does?

I like [name]Ginnie[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]. What about “Innia”??

I know what you mean about some nicknames not feeling right. I thought [name]Becky[/name] would be a cute nn for my daughter, [name]Rebecca[/name], but I have NEVER, [name]EVER[/name] been able to call her that. It totally doesn’t fit her. As it turned out, she prefers to use her formal name.

I don’t worry too much about the whole [name]Ginger[/name] southpark connection. [name]Ginger[/name] has been used as a nn for redheads for a long time with no negative connotations. I’m sure this era of ginger as a derogatory term will pass quickly. Also her hair is more like light auburn than really bright red.

I love the name [name]Virginia[/name] and i think it suits her so well. I think it will serve her really well as an adult but I do worry about her carrying her name through the grade school/ high school years so we agreed that we would give her a nn that she could use all the time.

Mainly we still call her [name]Virginia[/name] but we sometimes end up calling her Virg. I guess i just worry that if we don’t come up with a better nn soon and start using it, we’ll be stuck with Virg forever.

I do love [name]Ginger[/name], but for some reason I just don’t know if it fits her. I think I just need to give it a little more time and wait until her personality emerges a little more. I also love the suggestion of pepper. so cute!

I voted for [name]Ginger[/name] because I think a redhead named [name]Virginia[/name] just HAS to be called [name]Ginger[/name]! [name]Don[/name]'t worry about negative connotations. (You’re not in the UK, are you?)

Honestly, I am a writer, and I have a redhead character named [name]Virginia[/name] called [name]Ginger[/name] in a novel set in WWII. It’s so perfect!

If you really don’t like that, I would suggest “[name]Ginnie[/name]” or “Ginsy” ~ I know of a real little [name]Virginia[/name] called that, and I think it’s adorable.