NN & Sibset questions!

So, I am in love with [name]Jerome[/name] but wonder if the nn [name]Remi[/name] would work instead of [name]Jerry[/name]. I really don’t like [name]Jerry[/name].

My son’s name is [name]James[/name] and I have staunchly resisted nn [name]Jimmy[/name], so does [name]Jem[/name] work okay as a compromise? My husband keeps calling him [name]Jim[/name] and I just hate it!

Can my sibset short list (future) work or are the names too out of sync?

[name]James[/name] [name]Hamilton[/name] ([name]Jem[/name])
[name]Jerome[/name] [name]Scott[/name] ([name]Remi[/name])
[name]Breccan[/name] [name]Phillip[/name] (Brec)

[name]Sabina[/name] [name]Lucienne[/name] (Sibbi)
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] ([name]Ady[/name])
[name]Rozelle[/name] [name]Cate[/name] ([name]Roz[/name])

• pn “roz-ellie” a family name

Wondering if my sibset is a hot mess!

For what it’s worth, I don’t think sibsets are all that important. If the names are meaningful to you and you love them, keep your list!

I think you can use whatever you want for a nickname, but I never understood why the name [name]James[/name] needs a nickname since it is already 1 syllable. :wink:

Hm. My dad, his dad, and my uncle - on my mom’s side - are all named [name]James[/name], and they all go by [name]Jim[/name], so I get why you’re just sick of it! My grandma calls me dad [name]Jimmy[/name], and his dad occasionally calls him [name]James[/name], but he’s pretty much [name]Jim[/name]. I think if I were to use [name]James[/name], I’d call him [name]James[/name], [name]Jamie[/name], or even [name]Jem[/name] - that is cute!

As for your sibling set, it isn’t really a hot mess!

I would definitely not call [name]Jerome[/name] [name]Scott[/name] “[name]Remi[/name]” if you call [name]James[/name] “[name]Jem[/name].” Actually, why wouldn’t you call [name]Jerome[/name] “[name]Romy[/name]”? It’s much more natural. Well, if I’m being completely honest, [name]Jem[/name] is more natural for [name]Jerome[/name] than [name]James[/name], but it’s cute regardless. [name]Breccan[/name] [name]Phillip[/name] is odd to me because I know a girl named [name]Breckin[/name], and it feels far more trendy than either [name]James[/name] or [name]Jerome[/name]. I’d probably use [name]Phillip[/name] [name]Breccan[/name] “[name]Pip[/name]” if it were me…

For girls, [name]Sabina[/name] is far more exotic than your other choices, but I like it! [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] is perfection with [name]James[/name] [name]Hamilton[/name]. [name]Love[/name] that! [name]Rozelle[/name] is certainly unique, but it’s family, so go for it.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback. My husband is not a name nerd, he laughed when I mentioned [name]Breccan[/name] (still a fav of mine though) so I’m protecting [name]Jerome[/name] by not mentioning it lol! I didn’t get to use [name]Walter[/name] as [name]James[/name]’ mn so [name]Jerome[/name] [name]Walter[/name] is another option. [name]Phillip[/name] [name]Breccan[/name] is good too but I don’t care for [name]Phil[/name], [name]Pip[/name] is okay but not loving it.

Btw, I love the name [name]Starling[/name] but have never even said it out loud for fear that the enchantment of it will die instantly. I’ll probably never use it, but like [name]Breccan[/name], it just makes me smile.

Jerinnyx, I know what you mean about protecting your fave names and not wanting to say them out loud! But I really like [name]Jerome[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name].

My husband’s called [name]James[/name] and gets called [name]Jim[/name] and [name]Jimmy[/name] etc but I prefer to call him [name]Jay[/name]. But I agree with ashleym that [name]James[/name] doesn’t really need a nn since its only one syllable and is a lovely sounding name.

[name]Hi[/name]! Not a fan of [name]Romy[/name], mainly because I knew a girl called [name]Romy[/name] so for me it’s very feminine, but what about “[name]Rome[/name]” as a nn for [name]Jerome[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jerome[/name], btw!! Good luck!