nns for Theodore

Hello Berries!

I have quesitons. I am due in [name]December[/name] with at baby boy. For a while now, we have been pretty stuck on the name [name]Theodore[/name] (a family name on my side). When I told my mom about it, she didn’t act very excited --it was more, you don’t have to do that–

Well I found out from my younger brother she said if we name him [name]Theodore[/name] she would like to call him [name]Tory[/name].

What do you think of the nn [name]Tory[/name] for [name]Theodore[/name]. I kind of like it ([name]Tory[/name] was actually on my list for girls a long time ago). Is it too girly?

What do you think of the other nns I have thought of for [name]Theodore[/name]? Can you think of any others?
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Teddy[/name]
[name]Bear[/name] – I like this one but is it too cutsy?-- For now I call him little bear.
[name]Tory[/name] - my mom thought off – too girly?
[name]Thor[/name] (I don’t really like this one)
[name]Ted[/name] (we wouldn’t use this one)

I do feel like [name]Tory[/name] is a little girly but it may just be the [name]Tory[/name] Spelling association. I really love [name]Theo[/name] as a nn for [name]Theodore[/name].

[name]Theo[/name] is the obvious one, and it’s a cool nn.
[name]Tory[/name] seems more feminine to me- sorry- but perhaps take the ‘y’ off? [name]Just[/name] have it as [name]Tor[/name]?
A twist could be [name]Teo[/name]- which is rather spunky too.

I find [name]Tory[/name] pretty feminine. But I think as an occasional nickname especially for the home it works. It might even be something his aunt calls him that others don’t - that works in some families.

I like [name]Theo[/name] a lot.
[name]Teddy[/name] is cute for a little boy. The right guy could carry it into older ages.
I think [name]Bear[/name] is totally fine! Especially for a little guy at home and then if his personality pulls it off, he can keep using it.
[name]Thor[/name] - cool idea, but I don’t love it.
[name]Ted[/name] I’m fond of but if you’re not then OK.

The only other thing that comes to mind is [name]Doro[/name], which sounds kind of feminine to me because of [name]Dora[/name] but also masculine with the -o. It works enough if you like it.

I love [name]Ted[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Thor[/name]. I really can’t stand [name]Theo[/name]…Its one of the few names I find really unattractive.

Thanks for the help!! I actually really like [name]Teo[/name]. Easy to see how it came about and yet spunkier then [name]Theo[/name]. I still do like [name]Bear[/name] and I love jesba’s suggestion of just using it as a nn at home, and if he pulls it off, he can use it other places as well! And yes, my mom can call him what she wants; it can just be his nn from grandma :slight_smile:

You were very helpful, as always berries! Thank you!

[name]Glad[/name] you liked [name]Teo[/name]. :slight_smile: