No middle name

Thoughts on having no middle name?

I think it’s fine! [name_m]Plenty[/name_m] of cultures don’t use middle names, and I know people who don’t have them.

5 Likes

Perfectly fine, I don’t have one, many people don’t, definitely not unusual

1 Like

Yup that’s fine! I knew a family that had only middle initials but no middle names, and they really loved it.

2 Likes

I don’t have one. It’s fine.

2 Likes

No middle name is perfectly fine.

For Example:

There is one influencer family who explained their kids’ middle name choices once. The boys both share the same middle name, which holds significance to them. The girls were not given middle names with the thought that they would move their maiden name into the position when they get married.

1 Like

I think it’s fine! [name_m]Plenty[/name_m] of people don’t have one.

I know one person who doesn’t have one & they wish they did.

It’s fine, but kids ask about it all the time. “You don’t have a middle name?” But I’ve seen friends give kids honorary middle names, so it ends up being a fun thing.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessary to have a middle name if you don’t want one

I like middle names, lets me shove more name into a name, you know?
But not having them is completely fine - I know loads of people who don’t have one/haven’t given their kids one. It’s entirely personal choice.

1 Like

We don’t do it.
Unless it’s an honorific, I don’t understand the point in having an extra name in the middle.

Ok (or maybe awesome :smiley:) if you have a more distinctive name, maybe not good if your name is something like [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m].

I don’t have a middle name! Not a problem :smiley:

It’s fine!

I don’t think it’s a problem, but I would be a little surprised, because middle names are the norm where I am.

As long as there’s no middle for both sons and daughters.