No middle names... what would it be like?

If you could name your kids but only by using the first name with no middles what would you name them??
Because I love names, but some of them without middles just seem incomplete

3 Likes

Felicity, [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f]!

1 Like

I’d probably give them a unisex and/or nickname-able name, like
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_u]Maddox[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_m]Emilian[/name_m]/Emerson/ any uncommon [name_f]Em[/name_f]- name
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_m]Castiel[/name_m]

3 Likes

I’d still use my favourites though I would be sad that I could not include any honour names.
At the moment that would be [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] & [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

2 Likes

Hayden, [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] :relaxed:

1 Like

Oh, that’s hard! I like to use all honor initials or honor names for my mns. So, I’d probably move those to the fn spot w/no middles…

Lets say two boys & two girls:

Daisy, [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_m]Albert[/name_m] & [name_m]Bastian[/name_m].

1 Like

I would probably opt for longer names and use nicknames! Gives them more options that way!

[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] “[name_f]Rose[/name_f]”
Marianela “[name_u]Marie[/name_u]”
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]”

1 Like

Josepha, [name_f]Amalie[/name_f] & [name_m]Ludwig[/name_m]

2 Likes

My actual children would still have the same name (Hjörtur, [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] & [name_m]Leonid[/name_m]) except for [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]. If he didn’t have a middle name I probably would have gone with Zakynthos as a first instead of a middle.

Excluding my sons’ names, purely hypothetical:

Magdalena & [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] for girls
[name_m]Astrophel[/name_m] & Robichaux for boys

2 Likes

Probably [name_f]Jenny[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] & [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] for girls and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_m]Johannes[/name_m] & [name_m]Ian[/name_m] for boys

1 Like

I don’t have a middle name … and I’d honestly more than love one.

I’d go for maybe [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] (or [name_m]Bram[/name_m]), and [name_f]Annie[/name_f] (or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]/Anne), [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] & [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]

@Rosebeth [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] and Lizaveta are my favorite variations of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I’m thrilled to see it on someone’s post.

Now onto mine. I’m not sure if I would ever use all of these as first names, but here are my top 5 for each gender for this:

• Girls: [name_f]Annika[/name_f], Ă–rĂ«stĂŻná´€, [name_f]Leesa[/name_f], TĂ«gá´€n, Ă‹lvá´€
  • Boys: [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Casius[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_m]Tancred[/name_m]
1 Like

[name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] is my favorite variation too, along with [name_f]Elisheva[/name_f]. If one of the twins had been a girl, I probably would have had a little [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It wouldnt change my top choices at all. :grin:

2 Likes

I would probably just use the first names that feel right; for one girl and one boy, it would be [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m].

2 Likes

Beatrix and [name_m]Casper[/name_m]

1 Like

Sailor, [name_u]Harbor[/name_u], [name_u]Bay[/name_u] and [name_u]Cove[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Rupert[/name_m].

1 Like

We don’t do MNs. Unless it’s an honorific, I can’t seem to understand the purpose. It isn’t the name that they are called, and it isn’t their family name. So … [name_m]Just[/name_m] pick one or a bunch of other random names that ultimately you didn’t like enough to actually use as the name they’ll be called… [name_u]Or[/name_u] to use later for another kid? In the era before SSNs / national identifical numbers, or like you lived in a small town where everyone was related by however many degrees and there were only 50 first names to pick from, resulting in like 10 [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Smiths… Sure. But nowadays, I don’t Re ally get it.

Okay, that’s it for my soap box . i yield any remaining time. LOL

1 Like

I would still use my top names, just minus the middles. I pick middles more to keep an aesthetic or give a place for honour names than anything else. Middles names are hardly used anyway (besides in my “culture”, we’re big middle name users) and the names I have picked as firsts are what I would use regardless if there was a middle attached.

Also, the names I love atm (Medusa, [name_f]Hestia[/name_f], [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_m]Zeév[/name_m], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], & Rafe) are distinct enough that just a first and last name combo would help differentiate them from most others.

1 Like