No”mie ?

This is currently my favourite name…
What do you think?
I love it but worry people will have a hard time pronouncing it?
(no-eh-mee)
I wanted a name which is sophisticated, elegant yet exotic.
I have a son named [name]Theo[/name] also.

I think it’s beautiful. Where do you live? I live in Southern [name]California[/name] and I think it would be pronounced correctly here… sometimes I live in Pennsylvania and I’m sure it would be butchered there.

The problem with it’s pronunciation is that even after corrected, a lot of people might not be able to say it right. That’s the case with a lot of French names. Assuming you’re in [name]America[/name], it will be pronounced the way Americans say French names, you know what I mean? Something is lost in translation there, but it does still sound pretty in American English. I really love [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Noemie[/name] together. Feels international and familiar, sophisticated and laid back all at once!

I like [name]Noemie[/name], and I would pn it just like you want.

[name]Hi[/name], thank you for your reply.
I live in [name]London[/name], [name]England[/name].
Here in the UK I think most people pronounce it that way but some I mentioned it to still seem confused!
I also love the nickname [name]Emmy[/name]

i know a girl that is using it as a middle name for her little girl due around the same time as me. i think its beautiful, my only problem with it is when i read it quickly i read [name]Naomi[/name] (NAY-OH-ME) even though its a different name lol. i think she may get that alot? but, it will only take correcting someone once to realize its a different name. very pretty though…

Its such a pretty name. People may confuse it with [name]Naomi[/name] but just correct them once and thats solved.

I really love this name. I think it is beautiful. I’m not sure how people would pronounce it differently but it’s definitely a name no one forgets after hearing it the first time. [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Noemie[/name] make a wonderful pair.

I think it’s really pretty, but it’ll definitely get confused with [name]Naomi[/name]. The accent mark could be a bit of a hassle too. I do like the name, though.

I think it’s gorgeous. And the pronunciation is pretty natural with the spelling, so I don’t think it would be much of a problem at all. You may have some trouble with the accent, though, because there are no accents in English so people will probably tend to take it off and spell it [name]Noemie[/name] if that matters to you.

Beautiful…go with it!

Hmmmm thanks ladies I’m even more in love with it now, I go to other names but keep coming back to this one!
I will prob wait till birth and hopefully I will think thats her name.
If not I have a few back ups like [name]Lila[/name] :slight_smile:

I love this name! I don’t think people should have issue with pronunciation (and if they did it is because they haven’t bothered to read properly).
BTW I too have a [name]Theo[/name] and even after 6 years I adore his name and still laugh when people look at me like I am insane when they find I named my son [name]Theodore[/name]!