No names in sight!

[name]Baby[/name] boy H is due to arrive any day now and I have absolutely no name prospects! Not a one. There isn’t even anything I remotely like and hubs is no help. We have a [name]Bryan[/name] [name]Jarek[/name] nn bubba(stepchild- I would never pick those names), [name]Traven[/name] [name]Wayne[/name] nn T.( never was in love with the name, dad picked) and a dog named Mox. Am in desperate need of suggestions!

[name]Bryan[/name] and [name]Traven[/name] are both 2-syllable names ending in the very popular “an” sound. For #3, I would definitely pick something different so as to avoid being overly matchy. I think you (and your husband) favor smooth, modern, masculine names.

What about:

[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Destry[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Jace[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]

Any of those you like? We can narrow down from there.

Well, I wouldn’t go with a B or a T for the first name as you don’t want to leave one kid out of an alliteration thing. I don’t know your taste but here are some boy names I like: [name]Finn[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name], [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Aidan[/name] (Or [name]Aden[/name], [name]Aiden[/name], etc.), [name]Nathaniel[/name] (could shorten to [name]Nathan[/name]), [name]Weston[/name]…[name]Do[/name] you want to continue with the “n” ending for the names? I think [name]Bryan[/name], [name]Traven[/name], and [name]Finn[/name] sounds good, or [name]Bryan[/name], [name]Traven[/name], and [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Weston[/name], [name]Nathan[/name], etc. Some other “n” ending names are [name]Caeden[/name] ( which I love and can also be spelled [name]Kaeden[/name], [name]Caden[/name], etc.; also it’s a less popular alternative to [name]Aidan[/name]), [name]Declan[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Keegan[/name], [name]Hudson[/name], [name]Christian[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Kieran[/name], [name]Sutton[/name], [name]Aaron[/name], [name]Ashton[/name], [name]Colton[/name]. There are many, many more as well! For middle names, I think [name]Caeden[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name] sounds good, or [name]Caeden[/name] [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Liam[/name] [name]Sutton[/name] (or the other way around), [name]Weston[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Weston[/name], [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]…basically any combination you can think of! As you can probably tell, I really like [name]Matthias[/name] for a middle name. I hope I didn’t overwhelm you with all these names! Good luck making a choice - you can’t really go wrong. As long as you and your husband love the name, it will be great! Congratulations and let us know if you decide!

[name]Just[/name] throwing names out there -
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Aiden[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Xander[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]

It would be more helpful if you gave us a certain style you prefer. I hope you find the perfect name.

These are some good choices. I do like [name]Finn[/name],[name]Liam[/name], and [name]Declan[/name] but they’re still not screaming to me. I also like [name]Lennox[/name],but the nn [name]Len[/name] or [name]Lenny[/name] turns me off. [name]Knox[/name] would work as a nn I suppose, but again I’m not head over heels in love. I definitely do not want a [name]Braden[/name]/[name]Hayden[/name]/[name]Caden[/name] etc- those names are so over used in my area. I also don’t care for names ending in -er. Also on my list of no’s- z names or ‘z’ sounding names ex [name]Xander[/name], city names, names beginning with ash, hunting related names ex- hunter, drake, [name]Remington[/name], etc. I hope I don’t sound too picky! Pregnancy brain is definitely taking over!

[name]Do[/name] you like classic type names?

[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])

Or Biblical names?

[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]

Or maybe more unusual names?

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Sheldon[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name]

Trying to figure out what your naming style is, hence why I ask. :wink: And no, I don’t think you are too picky.

It’s definitely not a bad thing to be “picky”… It helps you define your style and helps Berries to know what to suggest :slight_smile:

All the names that you like are Irish & so is [name]Bryan[/name]. Your 2nd son’s name is close to [name]Trevor[/name] which is apparently Welsh… so it seems you like Celtic and Gaelic inspired names. Checking Nb’s lists of Irish names or doing a super search for Irish or Welsh names may give you some inspiration and help you pick a name you love that also ties the subset together.
Here are some you might like that fit your other criteria:
[name]Garrett[/name] (means spear strength… Is that too close to hunting theme you want to avoid?)
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Donnelly[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] (in list of Scottish names)
[name]Bruce[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Rory[/name] (although that is often used for girls now)

I hope you can find one you love.

You mentioned baby is due any day. Please let us know when he arrives and what you name him. We are very curious and will want to congratulate you :slight_smile:

I’m not crazy about some of the classic names. They sound a little to old mannish to me. I do like biblical names especially [name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Cain[/name], but they were denied. Dads name is [name]Jeremiah[/name] and his siblings are [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name]. I’m not crazy about too far out there names as we are in [name]Missouri[/name], but I don’t want anything to faddish either.

You could go with [name]Jeremy[/name] to honor your dad and then give him the hip nn [name]Jem[/name] like in To Kill a Mockingbird. [name]Levi[/name] is Biblical, on trend, but not so common that he will know 8 others. I think it’s at 66 right now.

I have a random assortment of suggestions

[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Neil[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Cael[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Alan[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]

Varied assortment of suggestions:

[name]Maddox[/name] (or [name]Maddock[/name])
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Deverau[/name]
[name]Landry[/name]
[name]Rye[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Parrish[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Zared[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]
[name]Pace[/name]
[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Channing[/name]
[name]Whit[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Jacoby[/name]
[name]Jensen[/name]

I second the suggestions of [name]Garreth[/name] and [name]River[/name]! They seem like they fit well.

a few more suggestions:

[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Oren[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]

Any of these resonate with you?