Noa, Noah, and Noemi

Okay, so I love [name]Noa[/name], but I think it’ll always be misspelled [name]Noah[/name]. Plus I think a little girl [name]Noa[/name] will constantly be mistaken for a boy. So I’ve thought about spelling it [name]Noah[/name]- it IS actually unisex (Meaning, origin and history of the name Noah - Behind the Name) and would take away the spelling issue, but I think even MORE people would mistake her for a boy. So then I thought of using [name]Noemi[/name] with the nickname [name]Noa[/name], but then I think that might not be an intuitive enough nickname. Anyone have any thoughts?

[name]Hi[/name]

Personally I think if you love [name]Noa[/name] just go with that. There are heaps of names that have spelling variations, even small single letter ones and I’m sure the people with those names don’t see it as a big deal. For example every time I met a [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kathryn[/name] or a [name]Caitlin[/name]/[name]Kaitlin[/name]/[name]Katelyn[/name]/[name]Caitlyn[/name] I have to ask them how to spell it and that doesn’t put me off those names at all. [name]Noa[/name] isn’t even a spelling variation, it’s a completely different name so if this is the one you love, use this spelling.

I wouldn’t use [name]Noah[/name], just because so so many people see it as a boys name - not unisex. Isn’t it #9 for boys in US at the moment? Yeah, for that reason alone I wouldn’t go with it, especially one of your main concerns is her being mistaken for a boy when people see her name on paper.

On [name]Noa[/name] being used as a nn for [name]Noemi[/name], I think it’s a great idea. There are so many nns that aren’t intuitive but are now widely accepted as diminutives for their respective names, [name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Daisy[/name] for instance. I’ve also never worried about how nns are coined, myself or how obvious they appear to others so I don’t think it really matters. My favourite name at the moment is [name]Julia[/name] nn [name]Jem[/name] so there you go. Bottom line - nns don’t have to be directly related or obvious.

[name]Hope[/name] this helped! Oh, and I think [name]Noa[/name] is a great name:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I completely second everything [name]Charlie[/name] said! [name]Noa[/name] and [name]Noemi[/name] both lovely, by the way.

[name]Auburn[/name]

I was glad to see this post! :wink:

I love the name [name]Noah[/name] for a girl–and I love it spelled that way. Since it’s being transliterated from Hebrew (from the Bible) you can spell it however you want technically. [name]Noa[/name], without the ‘h’, feels too empty to me. [name]Noah[/name] for girls is growing in popularity–especially since [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name]'s little sister is [name]Noah[/name] [name]Lindsey[/name].