Noah vs Dexter vs Henry

[name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

Which one do you prefer and why??

Oh or [name_m]Leo[/name_m]!

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] is my favourite boy’s name so [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. I find it adorable, it’s just a name I fell in love with. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] has special meaning to me though after my grandfather.

You can’t go wrong with any of these! I prefer [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I think it is so warm and classic.

In order I personally prefer:

1. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (a huge new crush of mine right now, just sounds so regal and handsome, yet wholesome)
  2. [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] (I love many D-names and the X is a very “cool letter” to have. Plus I’ll admit I love the show)
  3. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] (a solid name, makes me think of dreamy character in “The Notebook” but it’s too biblical for me)
  4. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] (great name, I love the “lion” meaning, but I prefer fuller versions- [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]/[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]- with the nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m])
  1. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] - by far my favourite. Classic but not stuffy, familiar but with a range of nicknames to give it flexibility, masculine but not try-hard.

2. [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] - I’m not big on occupational names but of them [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] is one of my favourites.

3. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] - [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t really care for [name_m]Leo[/name_m] but it’s a classic. [name_f]Do[/name_f] prefer [name_m]Leon[/name_m]/[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] or other lion-related names like [name_m]Lev[/name_m] or [name_u]Ari[/name_u].

4. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] - Not a fan, and I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] Biblical names. I do like [name_f]Noa[/name_f] for a girl, but [name_u]Noah[/name_u] does nothing for me. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are the “of the moment” Biblical names and feel trendy and likely to date to a decade. (Yes, all Biblical names are old, but their popularity cycles…[name_m]David[/name_m] had its time in the '50s, [name_m]Jared[/name_m] had its time in the '80s… [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is having its time right now) They don’t have long-term consistent popularity. And it probably doesn’t help that all the Noahs I’ve known (and I’ve known a bunch) have been jerks.

I adore [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. It’s classic without being overly formal. It has the advantage of being a formal name that’s short enough and friendly enough to seem like a nickname.

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]- really not a fan. Can’t dissociate from the serial killer.

[name_u]Noah[/name_u]- meh. I’ve never been a huge fan of this one. I tend to prefer NT names to OT, but that’s just me.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]- I’ve loved this name from the day I first watched [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] DiCaprio on Growing Pains (really dating myself here). My only issue is that I am one of those people that has to have a “proper” name and I don’t really like any of the full versions of the name-- at least not enough to name a child [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. But that’s just me. Personally, I think [name_m]Leos[/name_m] are a little extra swoon-worthy.

I love [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]! I haven’t seen the show and always think of [name_m]Bing[/name_m] [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] as C.K. [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_u]Haven[/name_u] in the old movie musical High Society–so classy and fun and casually masculine! I do love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m], too. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] seems like it will be dated very soon, imo.