Nobody likes our name

Personally I’m not a fan of it, but if you’re heart it set on it go for it. It is your child, no one elses. When my cousin was born and we found out his mum names him ‘[name]Tavion[/name]’ we all thought “[name]Tavion[/name]? Really?” But now I am in love with his name and imagine him being called anything else.

My big concern with [name]Ava[/name], [name]Aston[/name] (love it by the way) and [name]Veda[/name] is that the first 2 have ‘A’ names and [name]Veda[/name] won’t. She might feel left out.

I think [name]Veda[/name] is a great name. I personally prefer asian names. Sanskrit names are lovely. However, in this case, I’d tend to agree with the others since you already have a daughter named [name]Ava[/name]. “[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Veda[/name]” does sounds a bit clumsy, esp if you link it to “Aveda”.

Why not switch it to “[name]Rose[/name] [name]Veda[/name]” then you’d still have the same names but then you’d have [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]. Less of a tongue twister and much more unique.

I think [name]Veda[/name] is great! I have a name that is different and I always loved being the only one in school. My mom’s advice to me was not to tell anyone your choice if you were picking something unique because once the baby is born they’ll have less to say.

My theory is that they either had their turn to name a baby, will have their turn someday, or chose not to have a baby to name, but this is YOUR baby and your turn to pick the name. Good luck!

Well, I’d prefer [name]Vida[/name], as in the new celebrity baby name, to [name]Veda[/name] - how do you pronounce it? What are the objections people have to this name?

Honestly, with an [name]Aston[/name] and [name]Ava[/name], I WOULD stick with another two-syllable A name for your new baby girl…

[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Aimee[/name]
[name]Aislinn[/name] ([name]Ash[/name]-lynn)
[name]Annis[/name]
[name]April[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of these with [name]Aston[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]? My favorites from this list are [name]Adele[/name], [name]Aimee[/name], [name]April[/name], and [name]Ari[/name]…

For a middle name, I’d use a longer middle name, like [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] (both lovely, I might add). You may even want to choose another vowel middle name, considering both [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] are vowel names. This leaves you with E, O, and U to consider, and you’ll want another classic name to complement [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name]…

E
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]

O
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]

U
[name]Ursula[/name]

So, I’d use E names, since there are more of them, for this new baby! Obviously, you don’t have to continue on this path if you want a [name]Rose[/name] name, but I would use a longer one ([name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosaleen[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name]) to complement the longer middle names of [name]Aston[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]…

[name]Adele[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Aimee[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Aimee[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]April[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]April[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Ari[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ari[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]

[name]Do[/name] any of these names help you, mom and dad? Good luck!

I like it. Everyone has there own taste but it’s pretty & it will grow on people. The only drawback I see is that it kinda sounds like it’s a nickname, short for something else.
I was wondering if you considered another A name?

I like it. I’m so tired of hearing the same names over and over. A more unique name is best in my books. They’ll love her name when they meet and love her :slight_smile:

I love [name]Veda[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

[name]Veda[/name] was on my list when I had my baby girl [name]Savannah[/name] and I was put off by peoples comments… and although I love the name [name]Savannah[/name] I still look at her and wonder if she’s my little [name]Veda[/name].

I really like [name]Veda[/name] and agree with another post that said it is unique (but not ‘out there’!) and strong. You will never find a name that everyone you speak to likes so i say go with YOUR taste! Good luck! :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Veda[/name] and agree with another post that said it is unique (but not ‘out there’!) and strong. You will never find a name that everyone you speak to likes so i say go with YOUR taste! Good luck! :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Veda[/name]. I think it’s unique but not out there.
GREAT choice!!!

I don’t like it, sorry.
I think that “[name]Willa[/name]” for example might be a nice alternative. But since your 2 other kids start with an A, perhaps you should look for A-names again?