Noelia nn Ellie?

Thoughts? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Noelia[/name_f] is a mouthful?

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: pronounced No-EL-ee-uh (emphasis on 2nd syllable)

1 Like

[name_f]Noelia[/name_f] is not a mouthful at all! [name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f] name!

I find it easy to say and it is lovely and quite unique. Personally, I would choose [name_f]Lia[/name_f] if you wanted a nickname as [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] takes [name_f]Noelia[/name_f] from being a standout unique name to a very popular (and maybe overused?) nickname. It may just be me and not bother you at all but there are soooo many Ellies in the playground, etc.

It’s not a mouthful but I read it as no-EE-lee-uh instinctively - for the pronunciation you suggest maybe Noëlia or [name_f]Noellia[/name_f]?

[name_f]Noelia[/name_f] is charming and pretty!!

I like [name_f]Noelia[/name_f], I’d spell it [name_f]Noellia[/name_f]. You could call her [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], I think [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Noellia[/name_f] are prettier than [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Noelia[/name_f] (who has no nickname and who spells and pronounces her name just as you do it) who wears the name really well. It’s not a mouthful to me at all. It’s sweet and super special sounding, and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a nickname is lovely.

[name_f]Noelia[/name_f] is a name I’ve never heard of but it sounds fun and upbeat. Despite the wide difference in popularity I think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] has the same fun sound/feel in addition to making sense sound wise.