Noémi Hesed arrived 🎉 on 3/3/23

Noémi is “pleasant,” and after the grief & loss of 2022 for us (a miscarriage, my mothers agonizing death from cancer, and some other disappointments), this baby has indeed already been a pleasant blessing in our lives in 2023.

Hesed is a Hebrew action word that describes the action of abiding, merciful, faithful, covenant love. In English, it is sometimes translated as lovingkindness or mercy, but it is more than either of these two words can express. It’s a word that is not entirely translatable into English, but completely FELT by humans, from God. How natural that the only word to completely describe it is in Hebrew!

It is the love shared btwn Naomi & Ruth, deeper than the legal covenant of in-laws. It was the love that Jonathan & David shared as closest friends & chosen brothers.

And. It’s the love our Mom gave to her 3 children (and countless others). Hesed entirely describes the constant action of love in my mother—a woman whose very being was surrendered to God, whose self “died” as she took on new life in Christ, and who gave out abiding, faithful, & merciful love to all she came into contact with.

I could not think of a better word with which to honor her, and by naming our 3rd baby girl Hesed, we will always be reminded that the year God blessed us with her life was the year my mommy, giver of hesed, was given ETERNAL life. :purple_heart: :dove: :raised_hands:t4:

70 Likes

congratulations on your daughter, her name is gorgeous and she is adorable!!! what a blessing from the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] :yellow_heart:

1 Like

congratulations on your daughter!! she’s so beautiful :two_hearts: what a blessing [name_m]God[/name_m] has given

2 Likes

Your baby is so beautiful and her name is absolutely stunning! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush: What a wonderfully meaningful name you have given her. Xxx

1 Like

What a blessing! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name too, congratulations! :dove:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name :heart:

1 Like

Ph shes stunning. Her name is awesome

1 Like

Congratulations [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] :white_heart:

This was a gorgeous read such a lovely birth announcement I’m so happy that you found a name so perfect for your family and that this latest addition is providing you so much peace :dove::dove:

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful enjoy every moment with your newest addition!

1 Like

How absolutely beautiful–all of it. Your daughter, her name, your words, your mother’s life, and most of all, how deep the Father’s love for us. Congratulations to your whole family on the healing birth of [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] Hesed!

1 Like

congratulations! what a sweet name! welcome to the world, noémi :heart:

1 Like

she is beyond gorgeous, and so is her name. :sun_with_face:

congratulations to you and your family, and welcome earthside, noémi :dove:

1 Like

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] Hesed!
Wow, what a wonderfully meaningful and beautiful name!
:dove::teddy_bear::tulip:

1 Like

Oh! She’s so beautiful! I’m so glad I dropped by to check the birth announcements today! Many congratulations on your lovely girl and her lovely name :heart: What a blessing.

1 Like

Congratulations! She’s adorable, and her name is just perfect.

I especially love Hesed, it’s so underused and underrated. It was on our list for a while. I love to see it used.

1 Like

What a beautiful, meaningful name. [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] precious [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] :heartbeat: Congratulations!

1 Like

Many congratulations on your beautiful daughter! Indeed a blessing, and her name is wonderful.

1 Like

hello, Congratulations! I have been following your journey on Nameberry since a while and I have to say that the name you chose is absolutely beautiful and meaningful. Both have great meaning and religious connections and family honours and hopes and wishes for you and [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] is a very international and sweet, spunky name. Both names are great on women of any age and I hope that you and your girl are happy. [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] for [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] to the world in 2023 and many blessings for you, the family and friends. What a good news for today’s [name_f]Easter[/name_f] isn’t it. I am not Jewish myself, but I really love the name.

1 Like

Thank you @seawillow. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love your style & have always appreciated your input.

1 Like

So thrilled for you and so thrilled to see Hesed! If you’re interested, there is a song called Hesed by a band called [name_m]Ghost[/name_m] Ship and it is beautiful.

Congratulations on your sweet little girl!

1 Like

[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] Hesed is really a stunning and meaningful choice! Congrats!

1 Like