Nola as a nickname?

I adore the name [name]Nola[/name], but it doesn’t really fit with the style of names that I ordinarily favour - unusual, feminine names such as [name]Ambrosia[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Odette[/name], [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Undine[/name].

Can anyone think of any names which fit that style and could give the nn [name]Nola[/name], or another way to arrive at the nn?

Thank you in advance!

I think you could get it from [name]Nicoline[/name].

[name]Finola[/name] contains the name [name]Nola[/name]. [name]Finola[/name] is Irish and means “white shoulders”. There is an actress named [name]Finola[/name] [name]Hughes[/name].

I like the suggestion of [name]Finola[/name]. What about [name]Noelani[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], or [name]Eleanora[/name]? Also, [name]Nuala[/name] is an Irish name pronounced Nu-la, which is similar in sound to [name]Nola[/name].

I second [name]Finola[/name]. [name]Nola[/name] is beautiful.

I adore [name]Nola[/name]! It’s so beautiful, but I agree, it is quite short and does kind of feel like a nn especially next to your other favourites. I second [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Finola[/name] but there is also [name]Nolana[/name] you could consider.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

I think [name]Nola[/name]'s lovely. But… just to let you know, there’s a girl called [name]Finola[/name] in my year at school, and, while she is by no means bullied, a majority of us believe her name sounds like a cereal with special omega-3 qualities. Granola… [name]Finola[/name]…
In any case, I like [name]Magnolia[/name] better.

(If you happen to really like the name [name]Finola[/name], don’t let me stop you!)

My first thought was [name]Magnolia[/name].

Ooh, [name]Magnolia[/name] is a great suggestion!

[name]Nola[/name] such a cute nickname how about Neolani, [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Noemi[/name], [name]Nolan[/name] or a female [name]Noah[/name] :slight_smile:

Actually, [name]Finola[/name] is the Anglicized form of [name]Fionnuala[/name], of which [name]Nuala[/name] is a diminutive.

magnolia?

Thank you all! I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of [name]Finola[/name] - my aunt’s name is [name]Fenella[/name], which is another anglicised version of [name]Fionnuala[/name]. And thank you for the granola warning, Bizarre-child :slight_smile:

I also adore the suggestion of [name]Magnolia[/name], and DH loves Maragaret, so I definitely think that is going on our future girls’ list (we’re pretty set on [name]Ambrosia[/name] for our adopted daughter this time around).

Once again, thank you!

I love [name]Magnolia[/name] but I really dislike [name]Nola[/name].