Nola? Yay or Nay??

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] just came onto my radar. I think it could tick rhe boxes for me as sweet, simple (to spell and pronounce), and unexpected.

What is your initial opinion on the name? [name_m]Will[/name_m] it age well? Is the sound appealing? Would love to hear if the name is generally appealing.

It would be for a sister to [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]/[name_u]Ollie[/name_u].

I like it! Easy to pronounce, and not overly popular.

I’ve seen it as a nickname for names like [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], but I think it’s substantial enough to be on it’s own. I think it would age fine. I could picture a person at any age called [name_f]Nola[/name_f].

[name_u]Ollie[/name_u] & [name_f]Nola[/name_f] are adorable together!

It’s a yay for me!

I like it!

I like it. It was [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] johanssens character in the movie match point.

I love it. It’s a sweet and sassy vintage nickname. I’ve only met a 70 year old with the name and she was definitely spunky.

I hate to rain on the parade! And my impression of it is definitely coloured by my own exposure to it, specifically that I’ve only ever met one person named [name_f]Nola[/name_f] and because of her I think of it as being of the same vintage as [name_f]Linda[/name_f], [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] - what my generation has called “mom names”. I love [name_f]Norah[/name_f], but for whatever reason [name_f]Nola[/name_f] feels simultaneously dated and too nicknamey to stand on its own to me. I could get on board with it as a nickname for [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] or even [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

I wonder what nonberries would think? Granola haha. Or granny name.

It’s a nay for me. I prefer [name_f]Lola[/name_f] or [name_f]Norah[/name_f]/[name_f]Nora[/name_f]. It’s definitely okay but it’s just not my taste. Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m]! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Nola[/name_f]. I think it is a pretty choice. It’s recognizable but not super common. Sounds great with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] “[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]” too!

I prefer [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] or [name_f]Nala[/name_f] by far, but it isn’t terrible by any means! :slight_smile:

I think it’s a yay! I’ve only met one [name_f]Nola[/name_f] and she is 4. I don’t picture it as an old lady name at all. There is the [name_m]New[/name_m] Orleans association but I don’t consider that a bad thing.

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] is very pretty!
I also love the name [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. And Alora and [name_f]Anora[/name_f]