Nolan & Rowan for B/G Twins?

I love the name [name]Rowan[/name] for a girl and no matter how hard I try and find another girl name, something more feminine I keep coming back to [name]Rowan[/name]. So I have decided to not change it and go with my gut and name her [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Isla[/name].

For a boy I have looked at name after name and I like a lot but I don’t love any as much as I love [name]Rowan[/name]. I do however keep coming back to [name]Nolan[/name]. It sounds great with [name]James[/name] and great with my difficult last name but is it too similar to [name]Rowan[/name] for boy/girl twins?

The second letter in both names in an o and they both end in an are are both 5 letters. Am I starting a trend for any future children? Should I go with [name]Nolan[/name] of keep looking? If I should keep looking any more suggestions?

I think my problem with [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] as b/g twins is that I’m very inclined to think that they’re the same gender. I’d assume boy, but I wouldn’t be terribly shocked if they were both girls either, even though [name]Nolan[/name] isn’t as common for girls. If it was [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Henry[/name], I wouldn’t really make that assumption- I’d know positively that one was a boy. [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] are very similar in both sound and style to me, so I’d assume that a parent who liked [name]Nolan[/name] for a boy would like [name]Rowan[/name] for a boy, or that if they liked [name]Rowan[/name] for a girl they’d like [name]Nolan[/name] for a girl as well. To me, [name]Nolan[/name] for a girl really isn’t much different than [name]Rowan[/name] for a girl, and that’s the main reason I think that a more classic boy name would make the gender much more apparent. I think a girl with a boyish name like [name]Rowan[/name] needs a definite, no questions asked, 100% masculine name for her brother. Otherwise it would be very difficult for me to tell.

I agree with [name]Daisy[/name]. If you’re going to give your daughter a boy’s name, her brother’s name has to be undeniably masculine. [name]How[/name] about [name]William[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], or [name]Samuel[/name]?

I agree. To me, [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] are too close anyway.

My concern with using [name]Nolan[/name] & [name]Rowan[/name] is that the names do sound so similar (when you’re yelling for one of them when they are older! :slight_smile:

I am not as concerned as other posters regarding assumed genders…they will be their own little people!

I think [name]Rowan[/name] is adorable but if it were me, I’d continue looking for a boy’s name that isn’t as similar sounding. [name]Hope[/name] that helps.

[name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Noel[/name] at all?

Thank you everyone for your honest opinions. I agree and those were my concerns. As I said I have tried to find a different girl name something more gender specific but I love [name]Rowan[/name] so much.

[name]Nolan[/name] is out though and I will continue looking for the perfect boy names.

I do love [name]Henry[/name] & [name]Noel[/name]. But am worried [name]Noel[/name] will be pronounced No-[name]Elle[/name] not No-ul.

I think [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Noel[/name] are the better sibling pair. I wouldn’t worry too much regarding the pronunication of [name]Noel[/name]. I think most people are savvy enough to know that the female version [name]Noelle[/name] is pronounced like “No-[name]Elle[/name]” and the male spelling is said like “No-ul”. If not, then correct them and they’ll soon get the hang of it. I would advise to have a more feminine middle name for [name]Rowan[/name] (eg [name]Elizabeth[/name]) and a masculine name for [name]Noel[/name] (eg. [name]Henry[/name]). All the best!

I want a very feminine middle name to go with [name]Rowan[/name] and have decided on [name]Isla[/name]. And the middle name for a boy will be [name]James[/name] after my father.

I’ve been thinking. I know [name]Rowan[/name] is used for boy’s more then girls what about [name]Isla[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name]? I don’t like [name]Rowan[/name] on a boy but love [name]Ronan[/name].

Or keeping [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Isla[/name] for a girl. What about [name]Barrett[/name] [name]James[/name] for the boy?

My concern was that [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] were way too similar sounding, plus the fact that [name]Rowan[/name] didn’t sound feminine enough next to [name]Nolan[/name]. Now that you mentioned [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name], I love those too together. I much prefer that set to [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Noel[/name]. I would immediately assume that [name]Noel[/name] was a girl because all of the female [name]Noel[/name]'s I have known have been spelled this way, not [name]Noelle[/name]. If you use [name]Rowan[/name] for a girl, I would definitely go with something very masculine for her twin brother. (I loved [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]).

I would always assume [name]Rowan[/name] was a boy… (is my sons name) regardless of what his siblings were named - sorry. [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] are way too close in sound especially for twins - it would be nice to give them their own identities rather than compounding the “we” factor… However, [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name] are lovely together. Have you considered [name]Isla[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]? That way you still get [name]Rowan[/name] in the mix?

[name]Minnie[/name] x

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Isla[/name] is definitely girly. [name]Rowan[/name] is used more often for boys but I’ve never heard of a boy called [name]Isla[/name]. [name]Ronan[/name] is boys name for now but who knows what will happen with this unisex trend. I’m not too crazy about [name]Barrett[/name] [name]James[/name] . It reminds me of all of the [name]Beckett[/name]'s, [name]Bennett[/name]'s and [name]Beckham[/name]'s out there so it sounds kind of trendy. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Noel[/name] [name]James[/name] or have you gone off [name]Noel[/name] completely? I think [name]Garrett[/name] [name]James[/name] would be awesome!

[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name] are superb!!! You just can’t go past this sibset, it is perfect.

ie [name]Isla[/name] + second name and [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]

rollo :slight_smile:

I would think [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] were both boys as well. If you’re going to give your daughter a masculine name, I think it should be in the middle.

[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name] are awesome together!

I love your idea of [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name]! You could also go with [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]…

[name]Isla[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] are really growing on me and as much as I love [name]Rowan[/name] for a little girl thinking of future siblings seems impossible but with [name]Isla[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] if it will be easier.

Any middle name suggestions for [name]Isla[/name]?

I really, really like [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name]. They go together perfectly, and I would instantly know it was boy/girl twins. For a middle name for [name]Isla[/name], would you like to go for something a bit boyish, like [name]Rowan[/name]? Or something family related, like [name]James[/name]? I’ll suggest a few I think would work.
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Tristyn[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Brooklyn[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Reese[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Diane[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Peyton[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Paige[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jean[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Noel[/name] & [name]Ronan[/name] [name]James[/name]

Let me know if you like any of these!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Isla[/name]!!! Keep [name]Rowan[/name] and find something else for baby boy :slight_smile: btw I really like [name]Barrett[/name] [name]James[/name]!!

Some middle name suggestions for [name]Isla[/name]

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Marlowe[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Briony[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Beverly[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

rollo :slight_smile:

My main concern with [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] is that they sound too similar, especially with the prominent O and ending in N. I would end up saying [name]Rolan[/name] and Nowan a lot I think. I love your idea of [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name], second choice [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Noel[/name] [name]James[/name]. Good luck!