Nolan - US?

Thoughts on the name [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] in the US? I specify the country because it seems more unique outside the US, and trendy within.

It is ranked #61, being in the 60s the past 4-5 years. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it will level off at that rate, or continue to increase in popularity? This is about as trendy/popular as I will get. But I am really at a loss for boy names that I like!

2 Likes

I really like [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] !

I live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] , but our name trends are typically on par to the States. I have only ever met one [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] who is now a teenager .

I would not say it’s overly popular or over used . I actually know more Colton’s (66) , Hunter’s(69) , [name_u]Wesley[/name_u] ( 98) and Everett’s (90)

2 Likes

Yes, for some reason [name_u]Everett[/name_u] seems more popular to me than it actually is! A couple names like that…

I think [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] is great! I’m in the US and only know one [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] who’s about 20 years old. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name.

2 Likes

In the US. Never met a male [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], have met a girl [name_u]Nolan[/name_u].

Of course my personal experience doesn’t change the fact — it’s a popular name! But I wouldn’t say it’s a trendy name, just like how [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is popular, but not trendy, you know?

It’s cool! I like it.

2 Likes

As a US resident, I’m actually surprised Nolan’s ranked that high. I’ve never met a [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], and I’ve always sort of thought of it as an under-the-radar sort of name, that everyone thinks is more popular than it is. That might just be me, though!

2 Likes

I’m in the UK, but I do like [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]. A charming name

1 Like

I’m in the US and I love [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]! It is our top pick for a future son. I am surprised [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] hasn’t climbed higher considering how close it sounds to other popular names like [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], and [name_u]Logan[/name_u] but I’m selfishly glad it’s still hanging in the 60s and Im hoping it doesn’t move much higher. I work with kids and have only met 2 Nolans so far (both under 3) and my daughter hasn’t had any in her daycare or preK classes yet. [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] feels smart, sporty, and strong to me but I don’t think I would call it a trendy name exactly (even though its usage is currently trending). I feel like it’s just following in the footsteps of [name_m]Brian[/name_m], [name_m]Kevin[/name_m], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] etc and will gracefully age into a modern classic type of name. Hopefully that makes sense!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] will remain at this level of popularity. I only know of one young [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], so it’s definitely not overused in the US like similar names [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (Teddy), [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_u]Landon[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], etc.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think the name is hit or miss in the US. It may seem popular being in the top 100, but with the number of children being born and the number of names being given, it’s not as popular as people believe it may be.

As to personal experience, I know of only 1 [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] who is under 10 and was given his grandma’s maiden name to honour her.

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]. If we have another son, that will be his name. I’ve only actually met two in my life. One’s in his thirties and one’s in his twenties. I’m in the Midwest. I don’t think the popularity is an issue at all. Go for it!

1 Like

I think of it as being very popular, but I teach 7-12 graders and I’ve only met two so maybe it’s the younger kids with the name?

1 Like

I grew up with one [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] and have heard of one other. Haven’t seen it anywhere else, but would recommend that you check the naming records for your area to see if there are and trends towards it getting popular.

1 Like

I love the name and would consider it for my own son, but that’s the name of one of my best friend’s sons. He’s the only [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] I know!

1 Like

I love the name [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] and did consider it for our sons name!

1 Like