Non-celtic name to go with Lorcan???!!?

Are there any non-celtic names that would work with [name]Lorcan[/name]? As we are ttc baby no. 2 ([name]Greer[/name] if it’s a girl!), we are seriously, seriously struggling to fall in love with another boy name. It’s really starting to get me down. I no longer feel we should go with another celtic name just for the sake of it - it needs to actually sound good with [name]Lorcan[/name] and evoke the same rugged handsomeness that we associate with [name]Lorcan[/name]'s name. So my question is, does a brother for [name]Lorcan[/name] need to be a celtic name (of which there are no more we love!), or do any others fit the bill?

Please help me, I’m starting to feel hopeless! xx

[name]Cedric[/name] popped into my head as I was reading your post. [name]Cedric[/name] evokes the same image for me as [name]Lorcan[/name] does, an image of strength, bravery, and kindness. [name]Lorcan[/name], [name]Cedric[/name], and [name]Grier[/name] make an excellent sibset imo. I don’t think the boy’s name needs to necessarily be Celtic to compliment [name]Lorcan[/name] and [name]Grier[/name] (after all, who wants matching names? Complimentary is key!).

Other names I think go well with [name]Lorcan[/name]:
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Eben[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Oran[/name] (may be too close in sound to [name]Lorcan[/name], though)
[name]Rowan[/name], [name]Roland[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]

Oh, [name]Danni[/name], what a relief to hear you agreeing with the way I’ve been thinking - complimentary, not matching! Your suggestions are really nice, can you think of any more non-celtic ones? xx

[name]Lorcan[/name] is such strong Celtic name that it would be difficult to find a non-Celtic name for your next baby. Personally, I would stick the Celtic theme. Celtic can be Irish, Scottish, Welsh or Cornish. Here are some of my Celtic favorites for boys:
Irish
[name]Cormac[/name] (too similar with [name]Lorcan[/name]?)
[name]Malachy[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Ciaran[/name]
Phelimy
[name]Eamonn[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Brendan[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Colm[/name]
Canice
[name]Cillian[/name]
[name]Clancy[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Eoghan[/name]
[name]Farrell[/name]
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oisin[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Peadar[/name]
[name]Phelan[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Riordan[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Tiernan[/name]/[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Tyrone[/name]
[name]Uinseann[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Jarlath[/name]

Scottish
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Gregor[/name]
[name]Calum[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Fraser[/name]
[name]Gair[/name]
[name]Mungo[/name]

Welsh
Talfryn
[name]Vaughan[/name]
Austell
[name]Emrys[/name]
Gwynfor
[name]Llewellyn[/name]
[name]Ifor[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Geraint[/name]
[name]Taliesin[/name]
[name]Wynn[/name]
[name]Owain[/name]

Cornish
[name]Jago[/name]
Trevelyan
Petroc

Hey, Kath!

Um, what would I put with [name]Lorcan[/name]? Well, I’ll just throw out some random ones and you can pick through them, okay?

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Prescott[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

It’s tough, for sure!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I don’t think a brother name for [name]Lorcan[/name] necessarily has to be Celtic. It should compliment the name, but I don’t think that means it must be of the same origin, you know? That being said, I think a lot of Celtic names sound “right” next to [name]Lorcan[/name], like [name]Tavish[/name], [name]Seamus[/name] and [name]Callum[/name], which all fit nicely. However, there are probably other names that go well with [name]Lorcan[/name] (and [name]Greer[/name]), here are a few that come to mind:

[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Rohan[/name] (this is a Hindi name, but it’s similar to [name]Rowan[/name] and is prn. [name]RO[/name]-hahn)
[name]Brighton[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Tucker[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Hank[/name]

That’s all I could come up with for now! [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Hi[/name]! Wow, lots of wonderful names have been posted already! I felt bad for you when I read your post. I’ve read many of your posts already, and the entire time I thought you were pregnant. Now that I realize that you’re ttc, and after reading this post, I just want to tell you that I’m sure the perfect name will come to you. In a matter of months your taste in names could change, or you could see a name that you’ve seen 1000 times, but never considered and now you’re in love with it. What I’m trying to say, and I really hope it doesn’t come out as rude, but just focus on getting pregnant. Stressing yourself out trying to find a perfect name to go with [name]Lorcan[/name] might make it harder to conceive. I’m not saying don’t look for names, just don’t stress to find the perfect one, it will come to you!
With all that being said, I wish you the best of luck, and I can’t wait to see what name you do finally pick out to be [name]Lorcan[/name]'s little sibling!

xoxo
[name]Raquel[/name]

What do people think of

[name]Lorcan[/name], [name]Elwood[/name] and [name]Greer[/name]

xx