Non-Shortened Pet/Nicknames

I was wondering about nicknames! :slight_smile: I’m not talking about typical nicknames, like [name]Ollie[/name] short for [name]Oliver[/name] or [name]Cate[/name] short for [name]Catherine[/name]. I’m looking for more unusual, earned nicknames or pet names. I couldn’t think of another way to word it! Does this makes sense? For example, my friend [name]Brittany[/name] was called Booka when she was little and we have a family friend named [name]Stephen[/name] who’s always been known as Minnow. [name]Izzie[/name] on [name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy is called [name]Cricket[/name]. A little more generic, but my dad used to call me Pumpkin all the time when I was a kid. My name’s [name]Jessica[/name]. :wink:

What cute pet names or nicknames have you heard?

I’m white, my husband is black (he’s from [name]Bermuda[/name], and not very dark). Our daughter looks like she has a light tan, with curly dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. Her name is [name]Willow[/name], and ever since she was born (she’s 11 months now), my brother has said she reminds him of an owl. I think it’s her dark eyes. Anyway, he’s been calling [name]Willow[/name] his, “Owl in a [name]Willow[/name] Tree”, or just “Owl”. He wants me to teach her to hoot, as well. Haha! I love it, it’s so endearing.

We recently bought a house, and when we were painting her bedroom, we found to these 2 really great owl prints online, so they now hang in her room.

Bumpity bump! Anyone else?

My name is [name]Olivia[/name], and at around 2 my younger sister called me a ‘Ogs’. I was also [name]Vivie[/name] at one point, but I suppose I can see where she got that from :lol:

I know a little girl named [name]Lara[/name] who gets called ‘Stigaroony’ or just ‘[name]Stig[/name]’ by her immediate family. I’m not sure why, but it’s cute!

I also grew up with a girl named [name]Kathryn[/name] who went by ‘Mop’ for most of her life. And an [name]Emily[/name] who is still just ‘Mouse’.

My name is [name]Olivia[/name], and at around 2 my younger sister called me a ‘Ogs’. I was also [name]Vivie[/name] at one point, but I suppose I can see where she got that from :lol: Oh, and when I was younger, I had a ‘Granddad-With-The-Moustache’ (as a pose to regular Granddad) who eventually got shortened to ‘[name]Tash[/name]’.

I know a little girl named [name]Lara[/name] who gets called ‘Stigaroony’ or just ‘[name]Stig[/name]’ by her immediate family. I’m not sure why, but it’s cute!

I also grew up with a girl named [name]Kathryn[/name] who went by ‘Mop’ for most of her life. And an [name]Emily[/name] who is still just ‘Mouse’.

my little brother couldn’t say [name]Chelsea[/name] when he first learned to talk so he ended up calling me Selsee,even after he could say it correctly. I had neighbors growing up named moosey and gundie, the women’s name is [name]Sharon[/name] always went by Moosey, I was friends with her neices and nephew and they alll called her Aunt Moosey. Her husband always went by Gundie, its his last name shorten (I don’t even know his first name).

I knew a girl whose teammates called her “[name]Bunny[/name]” because her mother was the coach and their last name was Rabbitt.

My childhood friend, [name]Rebecca[/name], was called Guppy. A fair few still call her Guppy, even though she’s now 25.

My boyfriend, [name]Nicholas[/name], was called Pickle by his family when he was young.

A kid I knew was called [name]Bo[/name]. His name was [name]Adam[/name].