Nonuplets!

A new world record for the largest multiple birth, surpassing [name_f]Nadya[/name_f] Suleman, the record holder of 12 years!

8 Likes

Honestly can you imagine that many babies?!

3 Likes

The mother of these incredible babies is Halima Cisse. No word on their names yet, but I’m sure naming 9 babies takes some time! As far as what we do know -they are 5 girls and 4 boys, they were born at 30 weeks gestation and they each weigh between 500g and 1kg. The couple were told to expect 7 babies but 2 more were discovered during delivery, bringing them up to a record breaking 9.

I’ll link the article here: Malian woman gives birth to nine babies - BBC News

4 Likes

I saw this story in the news and immediately wondered what the babies’ names are. :sweat_smile: I can’t imagine having nine kids to name all at once.
The mother’s name [name_f]Halima[/name_f] is so beautiful.

3 Likes

Me too!!

1 Like

The Nontuplets have been named.

Copied from the daily mail-

“Two of the boys, [name_m]Mohamed[/name_m] and Bah, carry the names of the president of [name_f]Mali[/name_f] and king of [name_u]Morocco[/name_u] in gratitude to the help the two countries’ authorities have given towards the safe delivery of the babies.

The names for the five girls are [name_f]Hawa[/name_f], [name_f]Adama[/name_f], Fatouma, Oumou and Kadidia. The two other boys are called Elhadji and Oumar.”

14 Likes

Sweet!