Nora or Norah?

I’m trying to decide which spelling of this name would be best…what do you think? Also, which middle name- [name]Jane[/name], [name]Grace[/name], or [name]Claire[/name]? [name]Jane[/name] would be to honor a family member, and I just really like the other two. Thanks!

I like it with an H, but I think I’m in the minority. :slight_smile: I would personally go with [name]Jane[/name] because of its family significance. To me that trumps everything :slight_smile:

Good luck to you and Miss [name]Nora/name!

This name is on our short list too. I prefer the spelling [name]Norah[/name]. For some reason it looks more feminine to me. I don’t know why…it just seems more appealing!?!
Also, from your list, I like [name]Claire[/name] with [name]Norah[/name].

Best wishes-
[name]Tara[/name]

I like the [name]Norah[/name] spelling better. It feels much more feminine to me, although I can’t figure out why.
Of your middles, I like [name]Jane[/name]. Family names always mean so much more for the child once they realize the signifigance of it as they age.

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Jane[/name], love family names.

I think [name]Nora[/name] looks far less clunky. [name]Nora[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is sweet.

For sound and sentiment I chose [name]Nora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. It reminds me a little of [name]Norma[/name] [name]Jean[/name], which isn’t a bad thing. I also like [name]Nora[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

i love love [name]LOVE[/name] it as [name]Norah[/name]…
you should go with [name]Norah[/name] [name]Jane[/name], although… [name]Norah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is running a close second!!

I used to prefer [name]Nora[/name], but now I’m leaning more toward [name]Norah[/name]. Not really sure why.

[name]Norah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is lovely!

I like it without the H. [name]Nora[/name] just looks more correct to me. I don’t know where the h, comes from. If the H is not pronounced or doesn’t affect the pronunciation (e.g. [name]Maria[/name]/[name]Mariah[/name]), I just like to leave it off.

Hmmm, [name]Maria[/name]/[name]Mariah[/name]. Isn’t that interesting. I’ve never made the connection. Two different names one letter off. It’s like resume, pronounced differently depending on how your using it.

I love that it reminds you of the name [name]Norma[/name] [name]Jean[/name], because that is my husband’s grandmother’s name! I thought that [name]Nora/name [name]Jane[/name] would be a cute way to honor her. Thanks everyone for your input so far. I still haven’t decided for sure, but am leaning towards [name]Nora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. =)

Another vote for [name]Nora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I like [name]Nora[/name], without the “h”. It somehow seems kinder and softer (less prissy) to me. Either way you spell it, it’s a beautiful name.

Not a bad thing at all! That’s [name]Marilyn[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]! [name]How[/name] cool that your DH’s grandma (is that right?) has her name.