Nora or Norah

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Nora[/name]/[name]Norah[/name] better with or without the h? I love both variations but I cannot decide if the h is superfluous or makes the name feel more complete? WDYT?

Honestly, I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Nora[/name], but I love [name]Norah[/name]. [name]Nora[/name] feels kind of…abrupt? While [name]Norah[/name] feels soft, feminine, warm. Of course, it’s very possible that I’m influenced by [name]Norah[/name] [name]Jones[/name]; she’s been my favorite singer since her first album. Still, I tend to like the inclusion of an -h in names in general. [name]Rhys[/name], etc. For me, it just looks nicer that way.

I like the H but have always been a fan of H since our last name is [name]Harper[/name] but both work really nicely.

I totally prefer [name]Nora[/name], as I think [name]Norah[/name] seems in correct, and reminds of the word menorah, though that isn’t necessarily a bad association :slight_smile: [name]Both[/name] are lovely, though. A beautiful name choice either way!

With the “H”! I used to prefer [name]Nora[/name] but now it just looks weird. [name]Norah[/name] looks classier and more complete, even more down-to-earth and approachable. I really can’t stand [name]Nora[/name] but I almost kind of like [name]Norah[/name]…

It surprises me to see that so many more people prefer Nora here… a few years ago on a different naming board (which was sort of like Nameberry is now back then), everyone told me that Norah was so much classier and complete and Nora was so much less appealing. I figured everyone preferred Norah, haha.

Personally, I prefer [name]Nora[/name] because it just looks so light and fresh compared to [name]Norah[/name]. I think the H adds a certain heaviness to the name. However, I completely love [name]Nora/name in both forms! It’s such a beautiful and elegant name.

I love [name]Nora[/name]! The “H” seems unnecessary and kind of trendy to me, [name]Nora[/name] looks really cute but elegant as well!

I like [name]Norah[/name] best. It seems softer to me.

Best wishes!

Took the words right out of my mouth!!! [name]Nora[/name] is lovely too but there is something about the h :smiley:

I prefer [name]Norah[/name]. I don’t mind either way but I like the “h”…it makes it look more full and complete.

Normally I like silent "h"s ([name]Sarah[/name], [name]Theresa[/name]) but in this case I like [name]Nora[/name].

I prefer the [name]Nora[/name] spelling due to its literary connection to the main character in [name]Henrik[/name] [name]Ibsen[/name]'s play “A [name]Doll[/name]'s House”.I think [name]Norah[/name] is a variant of [name]Nora[/name].

I love [name]Nora[/name] regardless of how it is spelling but I think I slightly prefer the [name]Norah[/name] spelling. It seems more complete.

Thanks everyone!!! I think that I am going to go with the [name]Norah[/name] spelling :slight_smile:

Yay! There’s just something about [name]Norah[/name]–she’s just so sweet. :slight_smile:

As a first name, I prefer [name]Norah[/name], because [name]Nora[/name] does seem a little incomplete and nickname-y. As a nn for [name]Eleanor[/name], I prefer [name]Nora[/name].

I agree with what has been said! [name]Norah[/name] just seems so sweet and complete. I’m glad you’re going with the [name]Norah[/name] spelling!

I prefer [name]Nora[/name]. [name]Norah[/name] looks too much like Norad.

I’m just wondering if any of you considering this name would ever go with this spelling: [name]Noura[/name]. I encountered this spelling in [name]Asia[/name] and it looked so lovely to me.

Is it as lovely as [name]Norah[/name]?

I used to prefer [name]Norah[/name], but I definitely like [name]Nora[/name] best now. No real reason for the change, other than I prefer more streamlined names at present time.
[name]Norah[/name] also makes me want to say it a little harsher than I do with [name]Nora[/name]. Like, “no-RAH!” and not “NORE-a”