Nora or Quinlan?

See the results of this poll: Which name do you prefer?

Respondents: 30 (This poll is closed)

• Nora Clementine : 29 (97%)
  • Quinlan Jane: 1 (3%)

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] by a wide margin.

[name]Nora[/name] and [name]Quinlan[/name] are very different styles. If this is your first child, it is important to think about which style feels most comfortable for you because what you name your first child often determines what you choose for your future children. [name]Nora[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] (my choice) is sweet, feminine and vintage. [name]Quinlan[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is more contemporary, masculine and spunky.

[name]Nora[/name] by a landslide. They’re completely different styles, as mentioned by the previous poster. [name]Nora[/name] is feminine and subtly beautiful but not overly frilly. [name]Quinlan[/name] is masculine and not my cup of tea. I love how [name]Clementine[/name] compliments [name]Nora[/name]. So pretty.

I am the lone [name]Quinlan[/name] voter so far. I’ts strange, I usually don’t like these types of names, but [name]Quinlan[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is so pretty and doesn’t strike me as masculine as other names, although it is more masculine than [name]Nora[/name]. I agree with what mischa said though. The style of the first child’s name is important so that part is up to you.

If you go with [name]Nora[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] though, that is a wonderful choice. I had a hard time voting.

Thank you to everyone who has voted so far! Your comments are so helpful!

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] for me, too! It’s spunky, sweet, vintage, and it’ll age well. I’ve never seen the appeal of [name]Quinlan[/name] on a girl, even though I can see all the other [name]Quin[/name]- names on girls, most of the time ([name]Quinn[/name], [name]Quincy[/name], [name]Quintessa[/name], maybe even [name]Quinton[/name]/[name]Quentin[/name]…). I agree that if you plan on having more children, you should go with whichever style you find yourself liking more names, if it’s important to you to have a cohesive sibset.

I’m just curious, if you do plan on having more and you happen to have a son, if you used [name]Quinlan[/name], what would you use for a boy? [name]Quinlan[/name] just feels so masculine that I’m not sure what I would pair it with. Maybe something classic and obviously masculine, like [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], or [name]Christopher[/name]? [name]Just[/name] thinking out loud…

It’s funny that so many people think [name]Quinlan[/name] is masculine. It is a boy’s name technically, but when I told everyone about it for a boy’s name, they thought it sounded like a girl’s name (i.e. like “[name]Caitlin[/name]”). My daughter’s name is [name]Quinlan[/name] and I’ve never run into anyone who wrinkles their nose at the name. You can usually tell if someone doesn’t like a name, even they try to hide it. The worse I’ve ever heard is “Wow, that’s different.” Everyone LOVES her name and I love that it’s common sounding but not a common name. I’m curious which one you chose. It would be nice to see that someone else used the name for a girl :slight_smile:

I like [name]Quinlan[/name] better that [name]Nora[/name], but I like [name]Quinn[/name] better than [name]Quinlan[/name]. I’m not a big fan names that are really just extensions of other, simpler names. [name]Quinn[/name] is perfectly pretty on its own; why does there need to be “lan” on the end of it?

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] is stunning, [name]Quinlan[/name] on a girl is awful!