Nora's middle name

Our baby girl due any day now will be named [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. We want her middle name to have some meaning, rather than just picked because it sounds nice, preferably a family name. For family middle names we are considering: [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] (not crazy about the spelling but it would have to be spelled that way) [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] (love the meaning of this combo, “light, and from the forest”) but not sure how the double a ending sounds, [name_f]Ann[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f], but not crazy about the initials NAG. Other middles we’ll consider should have something to do with springtime. Would love to hear people’s thoughts on our faves and also any suggestions.

My favorites are [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. Other ideas:

Nora Claire
Nora Agnes

Why can’t you honor [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] by spelling it [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]? What about [name_f]Kate[/name_f]? [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is a nickname for [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and would honor her.

I love [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], I don’t mind the double a :slight_smile:

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] - bright, clear
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] - life
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] - honeybee
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] - heavenly
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Demeter[/name_u] / [name_f]Demetria[/name_f] - mother earth, goddess of fertility
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]

not spring related names but I associate green with springtime :slight_smile:

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] - green
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] - esteemed, beloved; emerald
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Peridot[/name_f] - a green gemstone

I love [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f].

My favourite is [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]!!

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is my favourite out of the names you’ve mentioned. I have to say, I’m not a huge fan of the double a ending in [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]- would [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvianne[/name_f] (combining two of the names) be an option?

Some other suggestions:
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]April[/name_f]/[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]- spring months (assuming your in the Northern hemisphere)
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_F]
[name_f]Nora[/name_F] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_F] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

Definitely [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]. It sounds gorgeous to me, and I love the combined meaning!

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is very pretty (usually I don’t like double As like the ones in my username but I think this works well).

I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is very cute too, if [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] would be okay with that.

I love [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] and I love the meaning! If the double “a” endings bother you, i second the suggestion of using [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or anther variant.