Nordic Names

I’m looking for names with a Scandinavian feel.

Ones I like currently are [name]Rune[/name], [name]Kai[/name], [name]Tyr[/name], [name]Thane[/name], [name]Valo[/name], [name]Loki[/name], [name]Magnus[/name], [name]Torin[/name]. Some of these I can’t use to surname or sibling name clashes, but these give you a feel.

Nothing too difficult to spell or pronounce. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sverre, [name]Haakon[/name], [name]Harald[/name], [name]Anders[/name], [name]Lars[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Kristian[/name], Stefanus, Ketil, Ottar, [name]Olav[/name], [name]Nils[/name], [name]Sven[/name], [name]Bjarne[/name], Bernd, [name]Bertil[/name], [name]Matti[/name], [name]Martin[/name], [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Erling[/name], [name]Einar[/name], [name]Edvard[/name], [name]Henrik[/name], [name]Frederik[/name], [name]Georg[/name], [name]Gunnar[/name], [name]Gustav[/name], [name]Jan[/name], [name]Johan[/name], [name]Josef[/name].

[name]Solveig[/name], [name]Gudrun[/name], [name]Sofie[/name], [name]Katarine[/name], [name]Marthe[/name], [name]Berte[/name], Berentine, [name]Kirsten[/name], [name]Kjersti[/name], [name]Janne[/name], [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Ellin[/name], [name]Tula[/name], [name]Julianna[/name], [name]Ollie[/name], [name]Signe[/name], [name]Dagmar[/name], [name]Dagny[/name], [name]Thora[/name], [name]Helge[/name], [name]Helene[/name], [name]Gerda[/name].

[name]Stellan[/name], [name]Gunnar[/name] and [name]Eric[/name]/[name]Erik[/name] are definitely my favorite Scandinavian male names. Totally easy to spell/pronounce, but completely strong and masculine.

My nephew is [name]Lars[/name], and everybody loves it - simple and straightforward. I also love [name]Nils[/name], [name]Otto[/name], [name]Hans[/name] (ok, more [name]German[/name]), and Arndt.

I want to second [name]Niels[/name] – I love this name!

My favs (with repeats):
[name]Niels[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Bo[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Erik[/name]
Steen

Some of these may be considered more germanic, but I know many, many danish and swedish men with these names.

[name]Lukas[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Jens[/name] or [name]Jensen[/name]

[name]Linnea[/name], [name]Ivan[/name], [name]Everett[/name]

[name]Viktor[/name], Olle, Sune, Sixten, [name]Viggo[/name], [name]Valdemar[/name], [name]Inge[/name], Atle, [name]Emil[/name], [name]Filip[/name], [name]Gustav[/name], [name]August[/name], Fride, [name]Per[/name], [name]Jan[/name], [name]Tor[/name], Eskil, [name]Nils[/name], [name]Vidar[/name], [name]Arvid[/name], [name]Alvar[/name], [name]Anton[/name], [name]Folke[/name], Tage, [name]Hjalmar[/name], Klas, [name]Linus[/name], Malte, [name]Ola[/name], Sture, [name]Stig[/name], [name]Sten[/name], Fridolf, Fritiof, [name]Ivar[/name],[name]Johan[/name] & [name]Olof[/name] are some completely random suggestions for you. Most of them are Swedish/used in [name]Sweden[/name] since ages. [name]Hope[/name] this was of some help for you.

I’ve had two students from Scandinavia on the exchange program, [name]Rasmus[/name] from Denmark and [name]Tordis[/name] from Norway.