North?

Would love to hear opinions on the name [name]North[/name]. Came across this one and it struck me as unique, masculine, but not too out-there. Thoughts? Could it stand alone as a first name or would it be better for a middle?

I really like it but prefer it as a mn, ex [name]Oliver[/name] [name]North[/name].

I knew a [name]North[/name] growing up. It actually wore very well and seemed quite natural.

Thanks very much for the feedback, I had narrowed my boy name search to [name]Lucas[/name] or [name]Callum[/name] for brothers [name]Ari[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name], but [name]North[/name] piqued my interest. So the boy list has expanded once again (darnit!) to:

[name]Callum[/name] ??
[name]Lucas[/name] ??
[name]North[/name] ??
[name]August[/name] [name]Constantine[/name] (this would move to the top of my list, but [name]Christopher[/name]'s MN is [name]Augustus[/name] and am worried it may be overkill? )

For those who are following, the two girl options remain (and I promise I am set on these!):

[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Millay[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Millay[/name]

I really like [name]North[/name]! If people are using [name]East[/name] and [name]West[/name], why not [name]North[/name]? I think [name]Ari[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], and [name]North[/name] sound very interesting together. For [name]Ari[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name]'s sister, I would use [name]Tessa[/name].

So, out of the blue, hubby takes [name]Callum[/name] off the table and is wavering on [name]Lucas[/name] (his previous fave)…I should be relieved, but I was pretty attached to these two that have been on our list the longest. Which brings us to (in current order of preference, I think):

[name]North[/name] [name]Archer[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Constantine[/name]

We’re also considering flipping it to [name]Archer[/name] [name]North[/name], which definitely has a better flow with our last name, but think it may sound like a copycat of “[name]Oliver[/name] [name]North[/name].” Sibsets would be:

Boys:
[name]Ari[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]North[/name]
[name]Ari[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]August[/name]
[name]Ari[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Archer[/name]

Girls:
[name]Ari[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Ari[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Helena[/name]

I love [name]Archer[/name] and I agree that [name]Archer[/name] [name]North[/name] does have a better flow. [name]Helena[/name] fits in very nicely with [name]Ari[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] while I do like [name]Tessa[/name] as well.

So it comes down to [name]North[/name] and [name]August[/name]. I took [name]Archer[/name] out of the running, because although I like the sound of it, I think [name]North[/name] would be better paired with a classic middle name, 2-3 syllables. Any suggestions?

I really like both names but would go with [name]North[/name]. [name]How[/name] do you prn. [name]Ari[/name]? I think the first syllable in [name]Ari[/name] & [name]August[/name] sounding like Aw might be too similar?

[name]Ari[/name] is pronounced Ar-ee, or like R.E. run together if that makes sense! So to me [name]Ari[/name] has an “arr” sound at the beginning while [name]August[/name] has more of an “aw” sound at the beginning. Is that still too similar?

[name]Ari[/name] is pronounced Ar-ee, or like R.E. run together if that makes sense! So to me [name]Ari[/name] has an “arr” sound at the beginning while [name]August[/name] has more of an “aw” sound at the beginning. Is that still too similar?

I’m sorry, is it [name]Ari[/name] like air-ee or Aw-ree? Aw-ree and Aw-gust might be a little too similar but it’s not a big deal. Use the one you love the most beacause they’re both great.