Not a Name Name Question but a Writing Question...about ELVES

I need help narrowing down the kin (what the tribes or divisions of elves are called in my book) of elves! I want to get it down to six or 7 but I have so many…help please?! Also I am open to more options for the names of the forest, plant, animal, rock, and water elves.

Here are my options:

Moonkin
Sunkin
Woodkin (forest)
Firekin
Wildkin (animals)
Stormkin
Flamekin (fire)
Florakin (plants)
Breezekin (air)
Frostkin (ice)
Crystalkin (rock/mineral)

yep they do have fire abilities. Not powers per se but abilities, as you said. To give you an idea, the firekin elves would be able to spark a fire and control the smoke, as well as be specially protected, but not invincible against fire. And the elves of uhhhhh how about stormkin could control the lightning and the rain gives them lightning speed and while normal people would be hindered in a storm, they perform best in one.

Some thoughts? Ideas? Things to get your mind working? …

A couple of these feel very similar and I think you could get away with combining them. For instance, is there a significant difference between Woodkin (forest) and Florakin (plants)? I think their respective abilities could be combined into one kin, whichever of the names you prefer. Similarly, I think Firekin, Flamekin (fire), and Sunkin all sound like they have a lot in common. Stormkin and Breezekin too, to some extent (at the very least, I think the Stormkin could control the breezes/winds as part of their skill set.)

Moonkin sounds interesting but I’m curious what their abilities would be. Is it related to water and how the moon impacts the waves?

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

1 Like

Moonkin
Sunkin
Woodkin
Stormkin
Flamekin
Frostkin

1 Like

what should the water elves be called?

Seconding Riverkin, especially if the story takes place in a forest-y setting! Seakin is also great.

1 Like

I actually quite like Riverkin!

What do you guys think of this:

Moonkin
Sunkin
Woodkin
Wildkin
Stormkin
Riverkin

2 Likes

They sound truly magical! I loved all of the options, so you really can’t go wrong!

I love this type of organization so much… I have no idea why!!! From hogwarts houses to divergent factions to hunger games districts to THIS, categories of people are just so great

2 Likes