Not sure about middle name

I’ve been going crazy trying to come up with the “perfect” name. I’ve gone through lots of names… Lately, the name [name]Ada[/name] has stuck. We had decided on [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name], but I’m having doubts. [name]Lorelei[/name] always gets the “[name]Gilmore[/name] Girl” reference and it’s name meaning has me raising an eyebrow… [name]Lorelei[/name] was a siren of the Rhine [name]River[/name] who lured sailors to their death. The name has meanings such as alluring and temptress.
I like the idea of having a musical middle name. I like [name]Cadence[/name] but it doesn’t sound great with our last name, plus it has 2 syllables as does [name]Ada[/name] so I was thinking the middle name would sound best with a 1 or 3 syllable middle name. So, I’ve been throwing [name]Ada[/name] [name]Melody[/name] around.

Which do you like… [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name] or [name]Ada[/name] [name]Melody[/name]?

I like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lorelai[/name]…I would never have known about its meaning. So that doesn’t turn me off at all. Its gorgeous!

I think [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name] is really pretty, but [name]Lorelei[/name] does have a negative meaning. The blend of the sounds of [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Cadence[/name] doesn’t really flow for me. There is a long a combined with d sound in each name that together seem a bit awkward. What do other posters think?

Other ideas:
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Lourdes[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
I will think of some more.
Personally I don’t like the name [name]Melody[/name], but my sister loves it. I don’t like it with [name]Ada[/name] that much. I really like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]! The n softens the d sound in [name]Lavender[/name].

I really like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name]. I do think [name]Ada[/name] [name]Melody[/name] flows well, but I’m not personally a fan of [name]Melody[/name].

[name]Aria[/name] and [name]Allegra[/name] are two musical A names you may want to consider (well, [name]Allegra[/name] isn’t exactly a musical name, but it’s close to allegro), although neither works as a middle name with [name]Ada[/name].

I think [name]Susan[/name]'s idea of [name]Ada[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] is great! :slight_smile:

I love the French [name]Elodie[/name], which is quite similar in sound to [name]Melody[/name]. I’m not a fan of [name]Cadence[/name], but I think [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Cadence[/name] works well if you’re still finding a way to use [name]Cadence[/name] and have given up on [name]Lorelei[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

What are your thoughts on [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lynelle[/name]? The more I look into it, the more I feel names with "A"s in them seem to be too much with [name]Ada[/name] (and our last name has an A). Normally names that begin with R or W or end with N sound too ryhmey with our last name… so it’s becoming a challenge.

I don’t care for [name]Lynelle[/name]. It sounds like someone who bowled a lot back in the '60’s. Reminds me a bit of [name]Laverne[/name]. I’m sorry, I know that’s harsh, sorry! Whereas [name]Ada[/name] is super cool.
It would help a lot if we knew your last name.
Let’s see…
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name] - oh, sorry, I put a bunch of names that end in “n”. Too rhymey. Tell us your last name and we’ll see how they sound.
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Winnifred[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] - I love this!
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Severine[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Celestine[/name] - I love [name]Celestine[/name]!
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Ada[/name] [name]Celestine[/name] are my favorites on the above list. Still love [name]Ada[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]. But they all end in “n”! Too bad. I like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Ada[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like middle names that end in “y”? Like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]?

My last name is [name]Watkins[/name]… which makes finding a nice flowing middle name even harder. I love the middle names [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Cameron[/name], but I don’t think they flow perfectly with [name]Watkins[/name]. I think [name]Ada[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] [name]Watkins[/name] sounds kind of nice. With [name]Watkins[/name], names that begin with W or R usually sound too similar, and names with hard T’s, K’s, and (sometimes) C’s seem to hit a hard note… also names that end with N sound too rhymey. I’m a bit of a challenge. :frowning:

I’m with [name]Susan[/name] on [name]Lynelle[/name]. It’s really backwoodsy to me, or the name of an interstate pancake house waitress. :frowning:

A few more:

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Lynette[/name] [name]Watkins[/name] (instead of [name]Lynelle[/name])
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My mom’s maiden name is [name]Watkins[/name].

I just thought of [name]Ada[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]. I think you need a three or four syllable, softer middle name.

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Janelle[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]

maybe something along these lines?

So far, I like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] and [name]Ada[/name] [name]Janelle[/name]. I’m open to any range of syllables… but I’m not a fan of [name]Penelope[/name].

I love the name [name]Ada[/name]. But our last name starts with “Z” and in school I know she’d be shorted to “[name]Ada[/name] Z” - cruel huh?

For musical names, how about?

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Piper[/name] **love
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Harmony[/name]

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] is very pretty… It’s especially fitting because I’m a big “I love [name]Lucy[/name]” fan… but DH would never go for it. :frowning:

Hmm…maybe one of these would work?

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Valerie[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Lilias[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Noemie[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] Magalie

I really like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Marielle[/name], too, but [name]Janelle[/name] has [name]Lynelle[/name]'s backwoodsy feel to me. :frowning: (Though if you love [name]Janelle[/name], you should use it!)

You seem to like -elle endings, so what about changing [name]Ada[/name] to [name]Adele[/name]/[name]Adelle[/name]? Perhaps [name]Adelia[/name] could be another option, and you could still call her [name]Ada[/name].

[name]Hi[/name], I love the name [name]Ada[/name]! I have always liked [name]Lucy[/name] for some reason. [name]How[/name] about some of these:

[name]Ada[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Watkins[/name]
[name]Adalynn[/name] is cute to!